Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Headphones? Advice for a good pair

boxtopp

I have been using Whites cheap pair of headphones for 2 years
now on the mxt. I now have some type of short circuit in them. I would like some input on a descent pair of headphones. And my hearing
is great. What pair of headphones work great with the mxt?:stretcher:

Theres a brand called detector pro, theres a forum here in the main forum list. Heres a link to their website.
http://www.detectorpro.com/headphones.htm

I used them with my MXT. They are very comfortable, block out a lot of outside noise, and are very loud. They are of very sturdy construction and the detachable cord is top notch. The cool thing was that when I sold my MXT and bought my Minelab EX II, I just switched which end I plug into the headphone's and they were instantly compatible with my new detector with no switch. Simple and practical.
BUT, There are a lot of great products out there, I feel it is hard to make a bad choice. The best way of course is to try them. I blindly bought mine online and have been very HAPPY with my purchase.
MXT and RATPHONES work well together. 1500 Coins and 30 pcs of Jewelery just this summer.
Happy hunting
ShawnV(OR)

n/t

You might check out the timberwolf lobos. Expensive but I love them. Have clipper switch with on off switch and volume control 125ohm,mono and stereo switch

[attachment 13281 THCodger.gif]Whichever ones feel the best on you are the best for you but, check the impedance. The higher the better.

They do not load the output circuit as much so they sound louder and crisper and the batteries last longer. This is not spelled out very well in the MXT operators booklet.

The fit and feel are subjective. The impedance is an electrical property and is very important.

They should also have a volume control. A limiter circuit is also desirable to limit the volume of the very loud sounds such as when pin pointing.

For a quick example of this, take a set of standard 8 ohm stereo music type of earphones and plug them into your detector. Notice how poorly they sound compared to the ones you are used to using.

If you cannot tell the difference then you old ones were not high impedance and you are just as well to be done with them.

Hi boxtopp,

From the posts you have gotten, there are evidently quite a few different headsets that people are using and like. I have used a pair of Killer B's Wasp with my MXT for over 6 months. They have performed really well for me. I especially like the limiter circuit that eliminates the ear piercing blasts when I turn the gain up into the +2 or +3 range.

If they are of any interest to you, Brian at Southern Treasures, http://www.southern-treasures.com/, seems to know a lot about them.

Happy Hunting
Hunt4Fun

White's MXT
Sun Ray DX-1
Killer B's Wasp

What Hunt4Fun said! Brian is a Good Guy also, He and his Wife took the time to send me a Christmas Card and stick-on magnet with his Phone and Business info. He will also take time to talk to you in a very friendly manner. As far a the what the other threads have said I agree with them all. High impedance, limiter circuit, quality construction and fit, click type volume control for each side, able to switch from mono to stereo, strain relief for chord at head phone. And their is tons of archive info on this subject, you will make the right decision if you filter through the info on this board.

Merry Christmas! and Happy New Year!

Mike

i am using the ones from the store where i got my mxt. they work real good. they are whites. when looking you should get ones with the volume control in each ear. that way you can control the loudness

I don't know, what about the Koss 9000? Those are the ones that White's sells aren't they?

I have contacted Whites and have found that they are 100 ohms, the volume control is a slider and is not detented. They do not have a limiter switch.

I would expect Whites to sell a higher quality set of headphones than that. Why buy an expensive detector then settle for second best on a head set? In my opinion, they should offer a better set as their top of the line earphones or else do not handle them at all and recommend a quality set for their customers.

I think it detracts from their image as supplier of quality products. I can say the same thing for their digger - quality brand but low end, but that is another topic for another time.

I can get a pair at no cost so I guess they are worth that but...

I can use them as back up for my SunRay Pro set.

I have a pair of 9000-series Koss they are very comfortable and I can hear with them very well. I like the slider volume control because it is on your chest not your head. Just my 2 cents.

HH and Merry Christmas Jim in Bama