Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Headphone

somedad56

I am looking for a good set of headphones for my new Vaquero. I am unable to decide between Ratphones or KillerB's. Does anyone have either of the two and if so how do they compare to normal headphones? Which do you guys suggest I buy?

That describes them more acurately. How the heck they got dubed
Rat phones is beyound me. That name is a total turn off.

Mike L

As far as the history of my nick "Goodrat"...
That is a band "The Good Rats" from Long Island.
Know as the most famous unknown band.
Their most known hit was as song "Tasty"

Hi Rick
I thought I seen somewhere on your web site that it stood for Relic and treasure.
Sorry my mistake,But it does sound good:twodetecting:

I been using the Sunray Gold Pro headphones and I just picked up the new Ratphones. I don't have any negatives for the Sunray, just need another set of headphones and grabbed the Ratphones. I need the volume control for a few of my machines as the other headphones I have don't have volume control. Hope the Ratphones serve well.

Had Whites 30 ohm with dual vol. control about 2 years, just bought $89 Killer B Hornet 150 ohm with dual vol control. I like the $35 Whites better, they are lighter, much more comfortable and the sound is just about the same, has crisp tone. Don't buy 8 ohm phones, has dull muffled tone.

I'd just add that you should also consider comfort.

I know a large man who got a very expensive headphone set but couldn't use them because they put too much pressure on his head (too tight).

They were quality made and formed to fit smaller heads.

Just my thoughts.

Penny

Since the speakers are in parallel, those 150 ohm phones are actually less than 75 ohm phones and it depends a lot on the frequency. I have a list of machine impedances on my site. See the "Technical" tab if interested in this subject.

Comfort can be a funny thing sometimes. We have had two customers out of hundreds that said their phones were too tight. They measured their heads and it turns out their heads were smaller in circumferance than mine and the phones were normal. Maybe some have ears that are too large to fit inside the cup, or their heads were extra wide from side to side but not front to back. But I never figured out for sure what was different about those two customers.
The seal to the ears is an important factor for the NRR noise reduction rating. The latest pro-leather cushions make a good seal without needing much preasure. So the side brackets can be a little thinner to allow more expansion from side to side. The adjustments that slide in and out will only adjust the distance from the top of your head to the ears. But if the persons ears are unusually low and they need to slide the adjustment all the way out, the width may get smaller since they slide out in a curve.

Tried the Ratphones for the first time for nearly 2 hours and found them comfortable and the audio was superb. They seem to enhance the lower conductive targets just a bit more. On my next relic hunt, if the temp is not too high, I will use the Ratphones on a couple other detectors.