Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Headphone selection---- Can you use the in ear type? Are they decent?

Digitalmoto

I suppose I'll give the forum another chance since my first post here wasn't greeted so well.

I'm about a 1-2 weeks aways from purchasing an X-Terra70 and was curious about headphone selection and what you guys use and what you consider garbage.
Are "in ear/earbuds" headphones like this decent, or do you really need the huge "over the ear" type?

Thanks

I think you can use whatever suits you :) Headphones with a spiral cord have anvantages that the earbuds don't have = the wire flexes when you set the detector on the ground. If you use the earbuds, they might pop out of your ears constantly. Just a thought. I have Koss ur-30 heaphones and i like them very well. I have never tried the higher quality ( grey ghost etc etc ) brands.

My husband used those ear-bud type 'phones ( with an ML 3500) for the first time recently and says they are the best so far. He normally uses the large headphones that cover the ears.
Sheila.

I tried an earbud type and another lightweight "thin, straight corded" type. I kept catching the cord on my detector and had to constantly keep aware of where it was. I don't use them anymore. For me, they turned out to be more trouble then they were worth. I use a bluetooth type now, exclusively.

I've used the earbuds that I normally use for my iPod: A very pricey pair of Sony earbuds with full audio range and good bass. The problem I've experienced can be seen above in other replies... they keep popping out of my ears or catching on branches or the detector, often when I go to put it down. Another thing to note is that full-cover earphones will allow you to hear the fainter sounds more clearly and many very good legitimate targets usually have a fainter tone - including both gold and coins. It helps to have the ears enclosed in cold weather but it's FAR easier to hear the coil responses near the surf or a noisy or windy location when using all-enclosed earphones.

There's a couple of X-Terra users here who prefer to use Bluetooth headphones and I'm curious to try them myself ...just as long at they signal does not interfere with my Detector Coil.

I have used the sony phones that hook over the ear, like glasses, and the speaker is in the ear...with my 3500 and amp they work great...on the beach with my x-70 they are ok but koss' earmuffs types are much better on the beach...

Fred

Audio Telex makes a stethoscope style type which were really popular in Australia with the SD detectors. They gave a great sound. Looked a bit like the ones you pictured but with a plastic band to hold them, like a , well, stethoscope. Koss make a great little pair of ear hugger style that clip over your ear with a volume control and give a fantastic sound, to me, even better than their full headphone type.
The guy who used to import them over here has closed down though.