Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Headphone questions for the Equinox

Confetrit

I don't mean to bug you Equinox users with a lot of questions, but I'm considering a Equinox 600 and I'm wondering how the sound is on the wired headphones that comes with the 600. I regularly use the Grey Ghost Originals and they are my favorites among headphones for comfort and sound. Would the 600's wired headphones be close in comparison, or would it be best to get the Minelab adapter to use with my Grey Ghost phones? Any advice or comments would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Kevin

yes it cost more for the 800 , But you get the wireless headphones and the WM08. So you can go wires or as I do I use the WM08 with a set of earbuds or it can be used with wired heads. If you add the WM08 for $$$ . Why not just upgrade to the 800 with the options and all the bells and whistles.
I use the WM08 with earbuds so I can hear the surroundings.
just my opinion.
Doug

I don't mean to bug you Equinox users with a lot of questions, but I'm considering a Equinox 600 and I'm wondering how the sound is on the wired headphones that comes with the 600. I regularly use the Grey Ghost Originals and they are my favorites among headphones for comfort and sound. Would the 600's wired headphones be close in comparison, or would it be best to get the Minelab adapter to use with my Grey Ghost phones? Any advice or comments would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Kevin
I've been using the wired headphones
I can't help comparing the Gray Ghost, but here is SOME food for thought. I've been using the wired headphones that came with my Equinox 600 for about
7 months now.

About a month ago, I also borrowed the wireless headphones that come with the Equinox-800 for a weekend from a friend.

So here is my thoughts and opinion.

The stock wired headphones that come with the Equinox 600 are very lightweight, and MORE comfortable than the wireless headphones. You don't even know your
wearing them. I also think / know the sound is Better than the wireless.

BUT.... having said that,... The wire is somewhat inconvenient, and the wired headphones are not built for people who are hard on equipment, and I
suspect my wife would have broken them within 3-months. But after 7-months, my stock 600 wired headphones are in perfect condition..!

Note that you can buy NEW WM08 units on eBay for $120.00 from people that don't use them,... sometimes less.!

Hope this helps making your decision.

Your Grey Ghost originals may not work without a specific adaptor since Minelab went to the 1/8" jack on all of their newer detectors and they wired them a bit differently. Detector Pro actually made a newer version of the Gray Ghosts that will work with the CTX and Equinox.....So. Although the wired headphones that come with the 600 sound pretty good, like Fastdraw said, they are not going to take much punishment. I have two pair and a really big head. One pair broke in half almost immediately. I glued and taped them back together and then the L shaped plug strain relief started cracking where the wire goes into the plug and lost one channel. So, that pair is definitely done. I haven't used the other pair very much but they work. Fastdraw is also correct that the WM08 module is amazingly good and worth the extra money along with all of the other extras that come with the Nox 800 (especially if you plan to do any gold prospecting) if you can afford it.

Jeff

Bug away Confetrit,this is the place to ask... just for clarification you can hook the supplied headphones directly from the machine to the headphones via the wire or you can run the wire from the headphones into the wmo8 module and just stick the wmo8 module on your belt loop or in you pocket.. keep in mind that if you use the wmo8 module it will need to be recharged first as do the headphones themselves .. this was a foreign concept to me as I had never used wireless prior to getting the 800... if you intend to do any water hunting you will need to buy the waterproof headphones minelab makes for the equinox or an acceptable alternative... I believe you posted you were also interested in the nox due due shoulder issues.. I can tell you that the 6” coil (not included in the factory package) balances out very very well and is very light weight but in my personal opinion is not quite as good of a performer as the 11” coil but for the comfort it is great... good luck..