Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

He Met His Guardian Angel

Cupajo

Years ago when visiting an old friend he said he had a story that he was sure I would appreciate and proceeded to share with me this tale.

He had been traveling on a business trip and was on the last leg of a long hectic journey.

One last flight would take him home to Connecticut from Atlanta and he could get his life back to "normal", whatever that was.

He was very active in family, business and church affairs often sharing his love of music with others by playing his flat top guitar and singing songs of joy!

His flight was a late one and he managed to find a small shop open where he bought a sandwich and drink and spying a young man sitting alone, the only other person in the place at that hour, walked over and asked if he might join him.

The young, clean cut black man flashed him a winning smile and with apparent pleasure offered my friend a chair.

My friend told me that as he sat down he glanced across the table into the kindest eyes he had ever seen.

He then offered to share half of his sandwich for it was too much to eat because of the late hour.

The young fellow cheerfully accepted and the two settled into a wonderful conversation about many things, of life, love, religion and any other thing that came to mind.

All too soon it was time to hurry away to the now boarding flight and as the two arose my friend offered the stranger his hand saying, " I'm sorry I forgot to tell you my name, I'm Andy and I have rarely had so much fun chatting with someone!"

The young man returned his firm hand-shake and said that he had enjoyed the visit too.

He then said that his name was Paul and, "I am your guardian angel!" turned and walked away leaving my dumbfounded friend to scramble to catch his flight while wondering what had just happened.

He told me with misty eyes and a choked back sob in his voice that a young black man was hardly likely to be his choice to have as a guardian angel, but after spending those few precious moments with him there was no doubt in his mind that he had indeed met his guardian angel!!

CJ

n/t

I like stories like this, especially during the Christmas season. Cupajo, thanks for posting this story. Kelley (Texas) :)

Hi fred,

I had you in mind when I shared this story.

The fellow who had the experience got a whole new outlook on life as a result of the experience.

He has always been a kind and thoughtful soul as far as I know, but now he truely believes instead of just "having faith"!

Best to you and yours Friend,

CJ