Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

He is a nice shot from a fellow Victory Bike owner.

George-CT

He is an avid hunter also. Here is a shot of the bike and him scouting out and area near his home in Colorado last year. These two were just bedded down enjoying life. Beautiful looking animals for sure. Glad some one is taking pictures, I sure haven't had time to do much of anything. See what next week brings. George-CT

We have been crazy busy too.. Gardens to put up [did 43 pints of apple sauce yesterday and 11 pints of bread and butter pickles]. The firewood is pretty much done.. We are 2 or 3 years ahead now. And the cabin is still progressing slowly. However, all this busyness will soon pass and then I can get out detecting and arrowheading.. :):

fair winds

Mikie

me from a 1000 yards away and been on a dead run. Makes a nice picture for sure.

Yes, those gardens and canning will keep you busy but sure is nice to enjoy that food later this winter. I got behind on the wood and helped another guys so I'm still dragging in for this year. Also moved my wood pile a little closer to the house for the dead of winter.
I keep some further away, the older stuff that may have ants in it, so it goes right in the stove. The red oak I save for those really cold days when the higher BTU's are a big help. I've been trying to get detecting since Labor day with no luck. I have 3 ponds I want to hit and just no time. My backhoe is still down, waiting for parts so that makes a lot of my work harder as I used it like another person. Very useful item on the ranch here. I have a fresh load of process gravel on the road here, but would like to get another layer down before the ground freezes solid. I see yellow birch leaves are already dropping so I want to get that done before they all start dropping. A better job with no leaves mixed in. With my daughter Heidi home now we are changing some rooms around. She brought home a lot of stuff so we had to make room for some of it and toss out a lot of stuff she left here when she went in the Air Force. All of us are pack rats here so it makes for a lot of work.

Look forward to more pictures of your cabin in the woods.

George-CT

It is so useful, I wonder why I did not have it before. I use it to dig everything from the gardens to deep ditches. I guess using it for digging while detecting would not be on!! :):

What parts you waiting for? If it is practical, let me know... I have the lathe and milling machine.. I probably could make them for you.. I did get out a few times with the detector. Couple of gold rings [one really good] and a whole buncha change.

Maybe this winter things will slow down.

Good talking to you George. Take care

fair winds

Mikie

the western part. I would love to take another driving trip out there but with the gas prices that is out.

My problem with driving out there is that when I am driving I miss so dang much. It takes a certain amount of concentration while driving in the mountains and if the dang animals are not right on the roadway I miss them.

I seldom go on a vacation to rest. I can sleep at home. I want to see everything there is to see, and out west that's a hard thing to do, just to much to gawk at.

Geo