Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

havin serious doubts bout 305 and gold

teviotlad

hav detected a few virgin tot lots recently and found hundreds of coins but very little gold. anybody havin any gold success with this machine ? i have stock 9 in 7.5k coil. i read on internet someone could get no signal at all on a platinum ring.

am trying to see if i can make a living from it. so far in last 5 days have found about 150 pounds equivalent to 225 dollars in change for 2 or 3hrs a day hitting tot lots. but no gold this week.

You will be hard pressed to make the hobby pay a wage per week. To do that, you would need to find around 60 GBP per day at a minimum. As for the gold, you will never find it like you would coins and trash.

If you find 2 or more gold rings / items a week plus the lost change you'd be OK, but I can tell you that it will not happen that way unless you hit a well stocked beach every day that has all these targets that your looking for.

Good luck....

Are you digging foil & pulltabs? Because if you are.....then you just haven't ran your coil over gold. If your not....you must have 8-16 in reject because that is where most of my gold rings/pulltabs/heavy foil ID's as.

Having used the Xterra30 ,My only detector for 5 years.... I know it takes a lot of digging 4,6,8,12,24,28....yes that's pull tabs,twist caps,foil, slaw,and gold.....its like scratch-off tickets...you play enough,you er going to win..and that #12 if it was solid on my X30 was either a nickle,pull tab,or gold.you never know! don't give up sounds like you got the determination.it could happen at any time.I only found 5 gold rings,and a couple chains in 5 years/you should clean up on silver.
I think trying to make aliving out of detecting is to much pressure .Have fun with it first/it will happen.
best of luck.....

Your going to find out that the problem doesn't lie with your detector as much as you are going to have to start digging most of those targets in the trash range to be able to find more gold. The other problem is there are very few gold jewelry targets out there as compared to the amount of lost coins and especially as compared to the amount of junk that is in the ground. I mainly just coin shoot and make sure to dig most of the nickel signals unless an obvious tab. At least that way I do okay on the coins, but gold is an altogether different story even though my HF coil will hit on small gold with ease.

some good advice here thanks. am supplementing my living with it. you,ll never get 60gpb a day on change consistently. i had one day of 60gpb this week other days were 15 to 20. need to start digging shallow solid 12,s to find el dorado. hh.

I found a few small, inexpensive rings, in the tot-lots but if you want some better gold finds, I'd hit soccer fields. I found 4 rings this past summer in one field alone, both silver and gold. Two of the gold rings were 14K. Keep your disc low, overlap your coil swings by 50%, keep a nice easy steady pace, and dig all targets.

Noticed the price of gold lately? :biggrin: you know why its expensive? i do :clapping: because its hard to find :blink:

blank planet

I approach jewellery search in the same way as if I were after nuggets with the 705. both can show up within a wide conductivity range. I use Prospect mode in the factory pre set Iron Mask and dig EVERYTHING that returns a signal. Any detector without a Prospect mode needs to be in All Metal and everything in the positive (above 0 conductivity) range should be dug. You'll unearth a heap of crap but you won't lose anything good. If you have ANY discrimination set on ANY machine, slow right down.
Wal.