Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Have to ask a question here.....

Gort

Several of us here have several detectors. Having said that. What have you found with one of your land detectors that one of your other land detectors would not find and why? You don't even have to be brand specific but it would be nice. I do not mean using a 10" coil and saying I found an indian in heavy trash using my whites IDX with a 6" and never would have found it with my Fisher 10". I think we know that....obviously not a fair comparasion. Lets compare apples to apples and not dollars to dollars. That is to say, whatever the cost of said detector does not matter the only thing that matters is detectors are set up with similar coils. If your Garrett cannot find that dime at 8" say so and say that your Fisher Coinstrike did. Price not a factor. I have a feeling that you wil be surprised, that most of the detectors you own would have found the target anyway. Just curious.

When we compare top-end detectors or mid-priced detectors, there is often not a dime's difference in their performance. They might perform "differently" as far as features and function, but the bottom line ability is very often too close to call. Seems more and more though, there are low-level entries coming on the market that are doing much better and much more than we are use to at the price point. Sure, there are exceptions, and those are the ones we most usually concentrate on finding, whether for purposes of avoiding the under-performers or acquiring the over-achievers. Testing and evaluating different machines and looking for the "best of the best" is all a part of the game.......

Ralph

Not sure this is what you want or not, maybe just a fluke too, but here is something i seen this last summer. I was doing some Field testing on a 8 inch coil on my Sovereign GT with disc set as low as it goes and worked this one strip of ground that is around 4 feet wide and 30 feet long back and forth for around a couple of hours. Next day I try the Explorer with the Joey coil on it to see what I missed with the Sovereign. I got some trash and a kids ring so I felt I had it cleaned out good with the GT and the new 8 inch coil. Now when I get the X-Terra 50 I took it to this farm yard to see what it could do. Dug some iron and some other trash getting used to it and decided to try the X-Terra at this same spot to see if it could see something my other 2 missed. I got a good signal about 3 inches away from the edge of one of my plugs, so I dug a plug and used my Uniprobe and found a mer, went back in the hole and found a silver Rosie and after I got that out there still was another signal and this one was a rusty bolt under the dimes.
Now being this was within 3 inches of my plug and being I worked it hard with 2 detectors did these other 2 detectors not see it?? could it be the bolt nulled the signal out, I feel the X-Terra 50 was able to see what the Explorer and Sovereign missed, if I would have known it was good I would have tried my other detector over it before I dug it and I would know for sure.

Sounds like a case of two machines notorious for iron masking followed up by a machine that does somewhat better. Now go back over that same patch with a low-end Tesoro and 4 inch coil or Ace 150/250 with a 4.5 Sniper. You may get a shock. ;)

Ralph