Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Have Firewood.......Will travel

Dan-MO

My two buddys and me spent some quality time together today doing something that they have never experienced before....cutting splitting and hauling firewood.

Every year about this time our local paper publishes a list of the neediest local familys.....they don't give names or anything each family is assigned a number with a list of their specific needs and donations are accepted that go directly to the family you choose.Many are elderly and living in heartbreaking conditions.Every year my wife and I try to donate a few dollars to one of the funds.This year I noticed that several familys were in need of firewood to heat their homes and had an idea.

I had several trees down or heavily damaged on our property from last summers storm and the ice storm a couple of weeks ago.I had a weeks vacation from work last week and spent a good part of the week cutting them up. Early this morning Gabe and Ben (My grandsons) and myself finished up the cutting and hauled 5 truckloads of wood to people who were in need of it.What a great time we had! Both of them are city boys and were exposed to some brand new experiences.They loved the woodcutting are were disappointed when the last load was delivered!They want to do it again!

Here are a couple of pictures I got of them.The one in the back of the truck with the chainsaw and maul is for the benefit of their mother (My daughter) who is a bit over protective....Wait till she sees what PaPa let them do today!

It will go down as one of their most cherished Christmas memories ! You're a wonderful example for them. You couldn't give them a better gift than that.:cheers:

well done my friend:clap:
Now remind their momma about what she did as a kid, i do that often and totally enjoy it:biggrin:

still makes it fun, but most of all proud of themselves! The old saying "It is better to give than to receive" instantly reminds me of a lot of people on this forum, Dan! Blessings to you and the boys! You all three made a lot of people happy today! :)

My pleasure. The trees would have rotted before I used them and needed to be cleaned up.To get them to people who really needed them and see the genuine appreciation we received for doing so along with spending the day with my boys and maybe teach them something about the joy of giving.....was certainly worth the effort to do. I figure I came out way ahead on the deal.

n/t

Bet they'll remember that day long after other things have come and gone!