Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Has this happened to U

asthlan1

I live near the beach so i get out there alot so yesterday I go out and I am working along the chair line when all of a sudden about 20 yards to my left comes this other guy with a detector swinging really fast and wallking about three times faster than me, so im thinking man this guy sure is gonna miss alot at that speed and i keep going and then i look up a minute later and he is about 20 yards ahead of me and cut right into the lane i was working and i mean directly in front of me. I mean come on i dont own the beach but man REALLY, anyhow I say oh well and move to a different part of the beach where we just had a big volleyball tourney and sure enough 5 minutes later this guy starts swinging my way so i stop and just start starring at this guy and he looks up and then changes direction. Its not like the beach is 20 yards wide, im talking 150 yards from parking lot to water and miles long anyway just wanted to vent alittle i found a gold earring so at least it wasnt that bad, but has this happened to you guys\gals at all

Kind of like the clowns (NOT FUNNY PEOPLE!!!) that blast their boats through the middle of a gathering of boats when the fish are in a feeding frenzy on top and ruin the day for everyone!!!

We live in an age of thoughtless airheads and they are not all blond or female!!! There was a day when a person could expect to pay for thoughtlessness, but it's long gone folks and too bad!

There was a time when such behavior would have resulted in a sunken fishing boat!

Too Bad those days are gone!

Hey, I needed to vent too!!

Regards and best wishes all,

Cupajo

I know what you mean I had a women not a lady in a BMW cut me off and did not even look back she just kept on talking on the phone.if she had got any closer I would not have a bumper on the front of my jeep.And then she cut another person off.not nice .

I've been huntting the beaches in my town for 30 years. In the past 10 years or so people from up North have been comming down huntting my beaches,(I call them that because they fell like mine) they will tell me this is there beach and can't hunt here .I don't care if you think it;s your beach ,it belongs to everyone ,expeshily to one's who fot to keep it FREE. So don;t hog the beach talk to each other you might learn some thing about the beach you didn;t know.
Ron Lord , Naples ,FL.

asthlan1 said:
I live near the beach so i get out there alot so yesterday I go out and I am working along the chair line when all of a sudden about 20 yards to my left comes this other guy with a detector swinging really fast and wallking about three times faster than me, so im thinking man this guy sure is gonna miss alot at that speed and i keep going and then i look up a minute later and he is about 20 yards ahead of me and cut right into the lane i was working and i mean directly in front of me. I mean come on i dont own the beach but man REALLY, anyhow I say oh well and move to a different part of the beach where we just had a big volleyball tourney and sure enough 5 minutes later this guy starts swinging my way so i stop and just start starring at this guy and he looks up and then changes direction. Its not like the beach is 20 yards wide, im talking 150 yards from parking lot to water and miles long anyway just wanted to vent alittle i found a gold earring so at least it wasnt that bad, but has this happened to you guys\gals at all

The guy sounds like a d bag! His behavior is actually kind of rude. It's like he wants to get to the spot before you do so he can get the spoils. I've seen guys like that. Swinging like a maniac and then I go slow & steady and get the things that they missed. It was nothing spectacular but that mentality is prevalent in all aspects of human life. Unfortunately we will probably see more of this behavior as more people start becoming more involved in MD. I can foresee more people coming into MD more than ever because of the economic crunch and thinking in their minds that they can get more money in their pockets but they'll be in for a rude awakening. It's not as easy as it looks and most of us are not scraping $450,000,000 off the ocean floor so we can drive around in a Lamborghini with a fine women at each side drinking martinis till sunrise,heehee.

ROADKING said:
I know what you mean I had a women not a lady in a BMW cut me off and did not even look back she just kept on talking on the phone.if she had got any closer I would not have a bumper on the front of my jeep.And then she cut another person off.not nice .

And if she`d hit you she`d accuse you of changing lanes incorrectly and you will be found guilty.

We did it to us with our own hands. Nobody to blame.

Here in NY you can see it every day.

Many years ago I had a "six gold ring day following two guys just like your "Clown".

I didn't see them dig much and I couldn't understand how they found anything as fast as they were swinging!

They were in a great hurry to jump in there ahead of me and were practically creating a wake behind them as they hurried along.

They traveled the full length of the beach(1/3 mile or so) in the length of time it took me to carefully hunt about 70ft. and recover 5 gold rings.

I was digging up number 6 as the drove away.

Needless to say I have been laughing about that ever since!!

GL&HH Friends,

Cupajo

It can be annoying enough dealing with the general public, but causing problems for other detectorists is uncalled for. Too bad you weren't out duck hunting
at least you could've shot the guy.

I have a few people in my area who do this and one in particular that did it on a regular basis (he has since died). I generally have an attitude that the beach is a big place with plenty of room for everyone. But I do tend to hunt in a methodical way and will often stop and grid off areas about 50 x 100 feet that I think will be productive. These guys recognize me and can see when I am clearly hunting a pattern. They like to swoop ahead of me to get into my pattern and find things ahead of me. During these times I march right over there and confront them. I explain that I am hunting a pattern in this particular area and that they should move on to another area. If they refuse, I just hoover about with my detector still on, and the interference between the two machines will make theirs practically useless, and they can't find anything. They will eventually move on, and they are less likely to return to bother me next time.
SanDiegoJoe

The rude B-----D pushed me off my track because his machine was interfering with mine. It was on a cut beach right after a Nor'Easter. I wanted to hammer him when he pulled a Double Eagle out right where I was detecting :punch: I have held my ground since. They know exactly what they are doing!

...unfortunately, there is no shortage of disrespectful dillweeds anywhere you go. Let him go with a wave - after all, he's leaving everything for you.
In fact, if you ever get to talk to him, let him know he is going a little too slow. Tell him his detector will pick up better if he moves along a little faster. ;)