Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Has someone dug a trime with the Nox?

Dan(NM)

If so, what mode were you in and do you remember what the VDI was? Also, does anyone have one you could do an air test in park 1. My buddy and I are hunting an area that is old enough to possibly have one lurking about. I understand my soil, the orientation, etc will affect VDI's, I just need a baseline to start with, thanks.

That one is still on my list Dan, my friend Dale ran his dug 3 cent nickel over the coil and it read 6 if that's any help, I think my last half dime read 19.
Jeff

laplander said:
That one is still on my list Dan, my friend Dale ran his dug 3 cent nickel over the coil and it read 6 if that's any help, I think my last half dime read 19.
Jeff
Thanks Jeff. I need to open up my vdi numbers a few more points it looks like. I have my tone break at -9 to + 9, but man, there is a lot of debris that runs in those lower numbers at this site :ranting:

If you are coin hunting there is always a reason for digging ....... a LOT of stuff .... unless you pattern hunt with acceptable losses. How would you like to miss a seated half........ or a small gold chain? Wow what a digit spread.....not to mention in some soil with a little depth...... those digits can down size over an air test. Just trying to make your life a little funner Dan lol.

Dan(NM) said:
laplander said:
Jeff
Thanks Jeff. I need to open up my vdi numbers a few more points it looks like. I have my tone break at -9 to + 9, but man, there is a lot of debris that runs in those lower numbers at this site :ranting:
Your notch should always be site specific, Saturday I only dug high tones because there where so many targets {30 plus coins} in a small front yard that I didn't want to trash site. A beach would be an example of an open screen.
Jeff

dewcon4414 said:
If you are coin hunting there is always a reason for digging ....... a LOT of stuff .... unless you pattern hunt with acceptable losses. How would you like to miss a seated half........ or a small gold chain? Wow what a digit spread.....not to mention in some soil with a little depth...... those digits can down size over an air test. Just trying to make your life a little funner Dan lol.

I understand where your coming from, but, I spend 3 hours driving to this location and I'm after specific items. This place is polluted with bits and pieces of lead, iron, brass and aluminum that come in below +9 and every swing sounds like a machine gun. There are hundreds of pieces of iron the size of small needles that come in on the positive lower side of the scale. This was a fort back in the 1850's that had been converted to a pecan orchard in the early 70's. The dirt has been spread around to form berms and low places, so, not much of the original dirt is still in place. You have to cover a lot of real estate to get a keeper.

My 3 cent nickel also reads LOW! I dug it awhile ago with my IDXPro,it was down by foil. I’d have to air test it to see what that says...no TRiME yet though Dan! If anyone can dig one,you’re the “anyone”! Wow! What a load so far! You are going to find a spectacular something in there,just keep on going! My half dime read like a crusty zinc,but I knew better,it was WAY too deep for that business. Like Jeff said,I normally pattern a site for what I’m after,but as Dew said also...that can be a double edged sword! You just have to run as open as is acceptable for you and your time. Good luck my friend!:)

IDXMonster said:
My 3 cent nickel also reads LOW! I dug it awhile ago with my IDXPro,it was down by foil. I’d have to air test it to see what that says...no TRiME yet though Dan! If anyone can dig one,you’re the “anyone”! Wow! What a load so far! You are going to find a spectacular something in there,just keep on going! My half dime read like a crusty zinc,but I knew better,it was WAY too deep for that business. Like Jeff said,I normally pattern a site for what I’m after,but as Dew said also...that can be a double edged sword! You just have to run as open as is acceptable for you and your time. Good luck my friend!:)

Thank you,

My buddy and I are getting ready to double down and grid the 10-15 acres lol. I'm going to use Field 2 instead of Park1 and drop my tone break down 3-4 numbers and just grin and bear it....for as long as I can ;) It's been a great spot for CW relics, not so great for coinage.

OK, Dan......I finally got time to air test a couple of silver Trimes in Park 1.

#! 1852 with some bends = 18-20

#2 1852 with a tiny hole = 16-18

Had them in a baggy lying on top the grass in my yard.

I have found six silver Trimes, but none yet with my Nox 800.
By the way, if you find a bent 1851, '52 or '53, don't try to straighten it..........they will shatter! Don't ask me how I know!!
They changed the % of silver in the later ones, From 75% to 90% so you might be able to straighten them..............

Iowa Dale

Dale(Ia) said:
OK, Dan......I finally got time to air test a couple of silver Trimes in Park 1.

#! 1852 with some bends = 18-20

#2 1852 with a tiny hole = 16-18

Had them in a baggy lying on top the grass in my yard.

I have found six silver Trimes, but none yet with my Nox 800.
By the way, if you find a bent 1851, '52 or '53, don't try to straighten it..........they will shatter! Don't ask me how I know!!
They changed the % of silver in the later ones, From 75% to 90% so you might be able to straighten them..............

Iowa Dale
. Thank you Dale for the info and the heads up ;)