Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Has anyone used a explorer xs and a safari?

petew

I have a safari on the way,im sold on fbs machines,They just flat out work without even trying. I have a chance to pickup a xs also,it seems to have the single number display like the safari,And I'm not asking if ones better than the other.I just wanted to know if they are so much alike or not,is it worth having both?
Thanks,Pete

I'm interested in that answer also.....I'm about ready to let the XS go and move up to a Safari or Quattro

Safari has the faster processor .and much easier menu.
Plus the fantastic 11" DD coil. The safari is sorta like a refined XS..............

Safari is more forgiving on the swing rate.. I found that the XS had to crawl along..and the Safari could be moved along at a faster rate of swing..yet still hit most of the coins.

Safari features

FBS multiple frequency technology.
• Ultra-lightweight 11" Double-D waterproof coil combines high performance, great depth and sharp pinpointing.
• Four pre-programmed detection modes - Coin; Coin/Jewellery; Relic and All Metal. Each individual mode contains the optimum settings for identifying the characteristics of your preferred targets, allowing you to maximise your time in the field.
• Pinpoint with audio and visual indicators for more accurate detection – press the pinpoint button and watch the Safari zone-in on the precise location of that precious target.
• Trash Density - High ensures fewer false signals experienced in typical coin and relic environments so you don’t waste time digging for junk, while low is ideal for clean sites to make sure you don’t miss anything.
• Target Volume Adjust - adapts target signal volume to suit user preference.
• Noise Cancel - automatically selects the quietest, most stable channel for detecting.
• Intuitive menu interface for fast and easy access and adjustment.
• Robust, well balanced design and long lower shaft for comfortable detecting over longer periods.

XS Field test

http://www.minelab.com/__files/f/74682/Field%20Test%20-%20Explorer%20XS%20-%20Part%201.pdf

Thanks elton,
The XS frequency is same as Quattro.....1.5-100kHz. But the faster processor is what I'm thinking will help out a new operator..

Yep..your right Prior model Sov before 1999 had the 17 frequencies..getting old..sorry

I've made the right choice, I can't wait to get it,thanks all for the information. Hh

I picked up an xs just after my safari because it was cheap and it was the best of it's day. I hunt with it now and then for kicks. It works well, but pin pointing is a bitch. It was cheap and it is fun. There is an old blog that has some great info for hunting with this machine. I have downloaded all that they have. I primarily hunt with the safari, but like to play with the XS.

I have used a Quattro next to an Explorer XS and found the Quattro very slow to target respond compared to the Explorer. HH Ron