Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Has anyone tried the new small T2 coil in an iron infested relic site yet?

There not available for sale yet, although that should change within the next few days ??? Because of this, there is not a over abundance of field testing of it, not to mention the weather problems.

"Iron infested relic site". Aren't a lot of relics iron ?

Anyone using a T2 is all ready aware just how good the T2 is hunting within the iron using the standard coil. The 4.75" coil will just improve it's superior trash hunting.

I love my T2 with the standard coil however It isn't quite as good as pulling buttons from thick iron (nails) as my Tejon with 5.75 coil is. I am hoping the new coil for the T2 will change this.

like cannonballs, gun parts, etc.....but he's probably thinking like I am, about hunting around a foundation or civil war camp site full of square nails to get small things like buttons & coins out....
Yes, the T2 stock coil does a super job already with the right settings & a good ear. But, I'm curious as to just how much better the smaller coil might do at one of my "hunted out" cellar holes.....this would be the perfect test, & I'd give an honest report right here. I would have had your answer already, but as of yet my coil has not arrived, so I'm not sure whats going on..........
Bill

I will be interested in seeing what you think of the new coil. I imagine it will get good seperation but I hope it doesn't lose a tremendous amount of depth like some small coils do.
Robert

you don't need a tremendous amount of depth...it's more of an unmasking of items that are often only a few inches deep but right in the hole or next to a square nail so you just couldn't get a reading before with a bigger coil. Or maybe just a blip that didn't sound at all worth digging. I'm sure it's not as deep as the stock coil, but should be deep enough to do the job hopefully. I can make the stock coil do wonders in iron with disc on 21, so it will be a real test to see if the new coil is an even greater advantage......
While our ground is still soft here, I offered to do a 10 min. Youtube video of the coil in action around a nail ridden foundation. This is the best promotion they could ever get for curious folks like you. I have been hosting the forum & promoting the T2 & it's 40 points of iron resolution since it came out, even over the F75. The F70 & F5 videos I did sold them hundreds of detectors (& continue to get hits worldwide as we speak). But, some people are clueless about good promotions and marketing I guess.