Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Has anyone tried the new SEF coils for V3i?

I have seen these on advertised on eBay, but the Kellyco site still has the black ones on their site.

1. Has anyone tried the new white SEF 12x10?
  2. Kellyco now has V3i listed as one of the compatible detectors for the SEF. Are these now "V Nulled"?

140.jpg

To the best of my knowledge, the white 10X12 is only available in Europe and the black ones that are available here in the US are nulled the same as the white ones.

V nulled ???? They are not claiming that. They are saying they are tuned more. All the 10x12 SEF produced from some time this summer had this tuning. The White ones are the same as the later produced black 10x12 SEF. The White color is in answer to a heat absorption concern. This the best I can match what JW expressed to me.

I think I am going to order one of the Whites ones. I will give a full report when I get it.

There's Youtube videos of both the white colored and black colored SEF's working on V3i's. The detectorists posting say they like them and that they were v rated. I like my standard V3i coil, however may be looking into a smaller White's coil for a few trashy areas I may decide to go back to. HH, Brian.

I will say this again. THEY ARE NOT V RATED. If you find where DeTech or Kellyco claims this cut and paste and let us see. They have tuned them to work better than the older ones with the Spectra. This is what they claim. I don't yell, I highlight.

The White coil is to address a heat concern but are otherwise the same as the newer Black ones. Unless the new ones can run boost they will have no performance increase. Some of the old ones can run boost. They don't claim this because only some of them will. This is not my opinion but what I got from the only distributor in the USA. If you don't believe this buy a new 10x12 and sell your old SEF. If tuned better they will run a lower signal% but unless the one you have is overloading there is nothing to be gained in the way of performance.

The new DX1 is shorter but the only change was to shorten the PVC tube. Many people ran out and bought the shorter one. Mine went bad at the strain relief. I had to shorten my tube to fix it. Looks and works like the new ones.

People are attributing gains to the SEF that I can't see anyone is claiming. This could be wishful thinking. Think about this, is Whites making V and non V rated coils? The answer is NO. I can't see them making one for the V and then another for the MXT or DFX. Its easier to make the black and White one on the same line, it's a cost thing.

The "V" rating is a White's thing, a label that White's puts on their own coils.

I think Detech should make a PINK one, I'm sure it will go deeper yet.............:devil:

I guess I will hold on to the one I have owned for a year. It performs just fine, except for VDI numbers on low conductive targets (ie: nickels have a VDI of 23-35).

A good point Neil, mine does read a couple numbers high in the nickle range but I have used it for so long I have just got used to it and forgot all about it. That might be the only advantage with the re-tuned SEF.

[size=large]I have the white coil 12x10. I've tried it on my two V3i. There is no greater performance. I prefer the black[/size].

Thanks for the report.