Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Has anyone noticed how bad the "other" forum is doing?

Rob From ND

I visit a lot of different sites to see what people are finding, but they no longer have a Minelab forum and pretty much all the postings are "Ring Daddy" posts which I find boring. I think I'll just take it out of my bookmark.

I primarily relic hunt and like many others ... attended a few of his disorganized hunts in Virginia before wising up to the FACT that the guy only cares about the MONEY.
One hunt in particular (and my LAST ) ... almost got everyone locked up because he was more worried about filling his pockets than a valid contract with the land owner. Entrance fee, travel & lodging cost is in the neighborhood of $800 for me for the 4 day's ... from start to finish ... so these trips get expensive in a hurry, the last thing anyone wants to worry about is paying a bail bondsman when you've paid in good faith and THINK the man in charge has taken care of business !!!

Yeah we heard every excuse in the book ... but not ONCE did the little Hitler money monger ever APOLOGIZE to the group for putting us in this position. Instead, he stood on his little soap box and directed us to one of his back-up sites. After diving another 80 miles we ended up at a fresh plowed bean field that was standing ankle deep in rain, then he decided to take us to a beat to death site ( like many of his sites) another 80 miles down the road in the opposite direction ... we finally started detecting around lunch time and the site was a total joke ... a bad joke at that !!!
Yes there was a FEW items found throughout the hunt but it sure wasn't what we signed up for.
I don't remember exactly how many school buses the local Sheriffs Office brought with him to accommodate the large group of relic hunters for a ride to JAIL but it was plenty. Fortunately the Sheriff decided that the majority ( paid participants) were innocent and unknowingly brought into a bad situation.

Many left early, what few that had the balls to complain about this fiasco were quickly banned from his precious Treasure Dump.
His constant banning of good folks has contributed to what you are seeing now ... his failing empire !

I know of MANY folks that would love to catch him off in the woods and give him the spanking he deserves. :punch: He's just a blow hard rip-off artist at best.

He wouldn't put up a Whites detector forum because they refused to line his pockets.
Minelab has recently pulled their Banner support ... hmmm ... must be a GOOD REASON for it don't you think ?

Yes .. it was a robust site to visit, some good people there too. Now it's mostly filled with his cronnies that do what HE says ... otherwise ... they get banned.
Even the dealer forum is VERY SLOOOOOW now and one has to imagine that the trickle down effect is starting to bother them just a little .. I wont do ANY business with any dealer that associates with the guy. If you run with dirty dogs ... well, sooner or later ... you will get fleas.

I fully support the dealers who support well run forums such as Findmall... it's makes good sense to support the forums we like to visit ... plain and simple !
Anyway .. sorry for the long rant, enough of that .. it gets my blood pressure up just thinking about it.

Good Hunting
Mike

I haven't been around for a while. I am wondering which forum is being mentioned? Or shouldn't I ask that on here.​

I used to frequent the "other" site but I found that I ended up only checking out the classifeds and dealer ads. Otherwise, the forums just bored me. No great loss in my book.

I really don't know other than it's an "who's your daddy" type contest on who posts the most rings. At least that's what I think it is.

Thought I knew which one was being referred to but I guess not.

Hate hearing you had all those problems..hmmmmmm I would be upset too!.
Thank you for the information.

The day I stopped advertising on that forum, every post I had ever made was deleted.
I thought that was unfair. I paid for those posts.

I suspect that at least 70% of his forum members list in reality are no longer members ... from either being banned or non participation.

He's been known to BAN hundreds of people at a time, at that rate it doesn't take long for the real truth to get around the web.

You can bet though that he likes to have the huge member list so he can make claims of the largest detecting site on the planet !!!
The unsuspecting NEW prospective members with fresh pockets of cash, just don't know any better until it's to late.

Point is, once you join his dictatorship website in good faith ... and you've been banned ... he still keeps your name up as a active member and any post that only benefits him.

I'm friends with several dealers that once supported his site, they got the same treatment you did with very few benefits coming from the money they spent to support his sorry butt.

Matter of fact ... it probably did the dealers more harm than good in the long scheme of things because nobody wants to be associated with them while they supported the little buzzard.

Again ... I only buy from dealers who support fair and well run forums .. without them the forums would not be here long.

Mike

I thought it was the big-a** one (that I see a lot of folks from here post at) but most of the references that I've seen here don't seem to fit that one that I can telll.

What site are we talking about??

Yep I am one of the "Banned and proud of it" gang. I was banned for signing up for a DIV hunt. I had never said anything bad about the Treasure Dump or as I now call it the Dictator Depot. When I dug my 1792 half disme a couple years ago they instantly unbanned me and wanted me to post that find on their site. I am happy to say that I never gave him the satisfaction. I posted it on the relic hunter / metal detector friendly sites like this one that arent run by communists. Last time I heard this was a free country and we have a certain right called freedom of speech and our country was built on freedom of choice. Dont get me wrong, I know there are some great diggers who still post over there and they make some great finds but sooner or later he will run them all off. This is a great hobby and it should be all about sharing ones finds with others and giving atta boys to others finds and above all it is about saving pieces of history of our nations past.

Marc

I was at that hunt too Mike... I was one of the ones who left the next morning and from what I heard i'm glad I did.

I couldn't believe that they took us into the middle of what... 20,000 acres and said "have at it". Of course all the "inner circle" folks headed right off to the good sites while the rest of us wandered around beside the roads. I still found a bullet in wood, a flintlock mechanism, a yankee bullet, and a Confederate bullet... I did enjoy being in VA but didn't like being detained by the high sheriff.

Do you know that he banned Butch Holcomb of American Digger Magazine because he said Butch gave more coverage to DIV.... what a moron.

J