Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Has anyone ever seen a strange rock like this one? ................

Kelley (Texas)

It appears to be a two part rock of some type.....has an inner core and covered by an outer skin. I tried to take a picture at the kitchen table but it did not come out very clear so I took it outside, placed it on our patio deck rail. I took the picture with a Canon A720is camera. Kelley (Texas) :)

[attachment 139629 rock_3.jpg]

n/t

and your detector. OJ might be right. It seems like I have seen something like it before but I can not remember what or where it was:shrug:

to me anyway, like a big water droplet, hit a mud puddle, the instantly froze in time, with the mud ripple on the outter edge and the water droplet in the center. Weird one that's for sure. Interesting conversation piece to have around....

Geo-CT

I've seen a very similar piece of stone--a flint--that I'm pretty sure was worked but our Archaelogical Conservator disagreed. It was a large chunk of flint with the usual not-flint-like coating on the outside. An almost perfect circle had been chipped in it to expose the flint interior, but nothing else had been done to it. For the life of me I can't understand how that circle got chipped in the flint by any agency other than human.

I've got a limestone item that a number of archaeologists have looked at. Several have agreed that it's man-made--until I tell them where it came from. I picked it up on our ranch, 9 mi W of Georgetown in Williamson County & 2