Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Has anyone ever dug silver that read below 38 id

petew

Just wondering if anyone digs silver out of the ground with a lower tid of 38? I think this safari actually is one of the easiest, best performance machines I've used.I've used the other fbs upper priced machines,and only stayed away from the safari because it was said to be noisy. I'm not hearing the noise,sounds good to me.Im glad i got it,Thinkin of emptying the stable and just keeping the safari, it meets my needs.I never dug the midtones on other fbs because the numbers confused me a bit,but the safari changed that.Great machine!
I use grey ghost ndt headphones, makes it sound awesome. If I were tek savy this thing would have a backlight, maybe I could have someone else do it,any recommendations?

I,ve dug some worn silver dimes that read 36-37. Also the deeper they are the numbers start to jump around a little bit more

One thing I used to do for night hunting at the beach was take a small led book light and tape it to the Safari. I used one that you could bend the stem to any angle that you wanted. Easier and cheaper than modifying the innards.

And I agree- great machine. Very underrated.

Pete, I've never seen silver lower than 38 . I hunt /swing slow and primarily in low density, which tends to have a more accurate algorithm ( per Andy's Mastering the Quattro ,page 36 ) so all my recovered silver bounces between 38-39. A '26 merc at 7-8 inches this past weekend was bouncing 38-39 & singing sweet.....In addition, it's been my experience that barber and older silver coins will also hit on the " i" in the word silver on the "GIB" ( graphic id bar) . HH