Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Has anyone ever detected a golf course?

I have detected many gcs.First and formost,you must get permission from the course manager.Show him/her your technique for recovering targets and how you cover up your hole.NEVER-NEVER dig on a T or green where the grass is trimmed real close.Pattern the fareways and cover all of them.I learned that coins,etc will be found just about anywhere on a golf course,like in a park.The outer edges of the greens are a good place,as this is where carts are parked.Under trees is another favorite place.Also, check any hillsides as they may have been used in the winter for slidding.One big problem with detecting golf courses is that you have to stay out of the way for the golfers to play through.This means that you will have to do most your detecting during off season.Be advised---golfers are as addiment about their sport as we are and will be out hitting the balls even when it is freezing.
Waterbug

I have hunted on and around two over the year's that were built on sites that had a history of things going on well back into the 1800's and did find some IH cents, silver, jewelry and a watch and some clad. Like Waterbug, I did stay off the greens and only hunted them in the off season. HH jim tn

I guess I should have mentioned,the courses I hunted dated back to the early 1900s,'20s.Found coins from back in 1800s along with gold and silver jewelry.Some of my best finds have came from OLD golf courses.
I found out about two of them from research.The sites dated to being used before they became golf courses.One had an old picnic grounds on it and the other had an old homestead located where a green is now.Many old artifacts were recovered,too.
Reasearch,research,research.
Waterbug

the property owner of several acres of pasture land that used to be a golf club back in the 50's. After Hurricane Carla back in '61, it was never used again. Thanks for reminding me. HH