Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

has anybody seen a 1966 penny like this. how much are they worth?

steveholdem

Dug up this penny today 1966 but there is another 6 on top of the last 6 on 1966 have not cleaned it off yet. But it is as clear as day another 6 is there, looked everywhere for a 1966 misprint nothing, anybody know where i can go or find out what it may be worth.any info is much apperciated.

That is different. I would take it to a coin dealer, or you can call Leon Hendrickson at SilverTowne, a coin dealer in Winchester, Indiana. That looks like some kind of double strike, but kind of odd only one number is there. Looks like a faint "8" just to the left of the upper "6", but can't really tell. You can email SilverTowne at sales@silvertowne.com or go to there website. Neat find none the less.

Thanks so much for that i will email him yea I thought it was weird also had to do the double look take and say wow thanks again.

Let us know what you find out. I collect coins but have never seen that before in a '66. Leon or the staff up there will do you fine. If they don't know they will find out.

This Is The response I got from silvertowne, I cleaned it a little better now but they don't know about this, theres a us stamped on his head, the word trust in god we trust is not spelled right it's really weird trust is spelled tuet, the back on one cent the T on cent is way off line I will get better pictures and put them out so you can see, thanks for everything DK RESPONSE BELOW FROM SILVERTOWNE.

BETTER PICTURES ADDED AFTER I GOT THIS RESPONSE FROM SILVERTOWN?

THIS IS KNOWN AS HUB DOUBLEING. IT IS COMMON AND HAS LITTLE VALUE ABOVE THE FACE VALUE OF THE COIN.----- DEXTER

Glad to help out. That is still a collectible coin in my book as it is one of those odd ball mis-strikes. May not be worth much dollar wise, but I would add it to my collection none the less. The boys up at SilverTowne know their business. I was just up there a couple of weeks ago. Bought a lot of coins from them.

DK said:
Glad to help out. That is still a collectible coin in my book as it is one of those odd ball mis-strikes. May not be worth much dollar wise, but I would add it to my collection none the less. The boys up at SilverTowne know their business. I was just up there a couple of weeks ago. Bought a lot of coins from them.
What ever you do dont take any coins to sell them. They will not give you anything for them. I live 8 miles from them. I took an Abraham Lincoln campaign token in to them that i found in a field and they told me it came out of a cracker jack box. they offered me $1 for it. 2 months later when i went back they asked me about the token. They are crooks and have went to jail because of it. Dont trust them

Looks like you've been hubdubbed :rofl: Just kidding !! I'm sure it will make a good addition to your collection.