Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hardshell Carry Case for the MXT?

Bajanick

Has anyone made a hardshell case for the MXT or any of their detectors? I am considering the kellyco HS case but it does not look like it fits. I might end up making a case.

I use a bow (bow & arrow hunting) case. It holds the MXT, two extra coils with lower shaft, digging tool with holster, spare digging knife, extra batteries, TH apron, probe, MXT operating manual, gloves, pinpointing probe and garbage bag that I use as a drop cloth for digging deeper holes.

All this with no disassembly.

I recently got the SunRay inline probe. When I have that mounted the upper shafts will not telescope enough to fit into the case so I have to either remove the bracket for the probe or pull the shafts apart and lay them side by side.

Can you post a pic and where did you get it? There is an archery store right around the corner from me. Whats with the @#%#^$ in my original post?

[attachment 13282 THCodger.gif]The Forum mom does that whenever you mention some brands or specific items that may compete or conflict with the forum's sponsors.

I will try to get a picture some time next week. I got the bow case used on eBay. About $30 - $40 including postage. Not the extra rugged kind but sufficient to carry around and protect everything.

I do not like it for day to day use though. I guess I am just lazy and would prefer to just pick it up and go. Especially when we are travelling in our camper. Once I pull the detector and my gear out of the case, the case still takes up room even though it is empty.

If you travel in a car or public transportation or just want it to be out of sight and well protected, the bow case cannot be beat.

When I am going to be a long way from my vehicle or camp site I put all the stuff I think I may want or need in a nylon mesh clothes bag that I picked up from WallyMart. It has a long carrying strap that I can throw over my shoulder and hit the trail. Not the easiest to use if I am detecting but good to use to carry stuff until I get to a remote location.

If you want to detect and carry stuff a back pack and strong knees would be better.

Cabela's has the bow cases for around $30.00. The are airline approved and lockable. You can also buy locks approved by the airlines.

They are great. I have put two detectors in one case with extra coils etc.

Hope this helps.