Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hard to believe we will be racing on this April 4th.

George-CT

We set up our racing dates last night and was just sending them out. Busy year ahead. This was our track last month.....all snuggled in for winter. This picture came about because we built a beautiful garage last year for the equipment and one of the jerks went out with the dozer, and then left it on the track. By the time one of us got out there it was frozen in the mud solid. All this month we raced snowmoibles on Wed nights and quads on it.... This is where a lot of my time goes. We on loosing the kids races as they passed a new No lead law for kids under age 13. All the bike shops as it stands now can not sell any motorized bike or quad to kids because of the lead in the battery, levers, tire valves, etc. I've never personally seen a kid chewing on one, but I guess it could happen. We were discussing it last night wondering if they go strick inforcemnet if you can even take your kid in your car anymore. This is one of those laws gone haywire.... 30 percent of our race day events are for kids..... With all the cast bullets in made over the years for shooting, lead sinkers, dive weights, I should be dead.

Oh well, another hurdle to work around. Its hurting a lot of bike dealers as that was a lot of their business. Hopefully then can reword it or make it make sence. Meantime here, I see all the dirt bike shops with all that gear off the floor and they can't even sell parts for them. And they complain because the kids have nothing to do or wonder why they sit in front of the TV. Soap box off........ George-CT

n/t

in case those under 13 haven't learned to wipe yet:).i think i would enjoy watching snowmobile races,especially if they race the motocross course and not an oval.if the kids parents could afford it,it seems like alot fun.

Sounds like you have a busy season ahead. Hope its a great one for you and your friends.

I have a history with lead and as a plumbing repairman I still have to work with it from time to time. Lead is no longer allowed in solder, but I work mostly with older plumbing where there is plenty of lead to deal with.

I too am a shooter/re-loader and fisherman who makes his lead weights etc. Add all that together and you have a case of maximum exposure to lead. Twenty years or so ago my doctor suggested I get a lead test, because he knew I worked with it. When the results came back, the lead in my test was clear off their chart!!!

I had been aware that perhaps my handling was a bit careless, but I had no clue how much I was absorbing! I got a letter from the state health department because the test results sent up a red flag and I had to explain to them in writing what I had been doing to have so much lead in my body.

A short while before I had been tested I read in a Prevention Magazine how you can remove heavy metals from your body by including apple pectin in your diet. As little as a 1/4 teaspoon in my cereal or orange juice each morning should be enough according to the article. I followed the advice for one year and had another lead test done. When the test results returned, my doctor and I were stunned to learn there was no more lead in my body!!!

You would think that there would be health alerts posted everywhere about apple pectin, but I have never seen another word about it since reading the article!

I've told this story to a number of doctors in the years since and the only one to take a real interest was a young woman doctor that treated inner city children.

The old "apple a day" thing is good advice!

Cupajo