Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Happy again with a CZ5

bigtim1973

I have been swinging the new stuff for the past 6 or so years the XP stuff mostly and I like that brand.

However I recently bought another CZ5 as I am a big fan of the original Fisher Labs machines.

I have a buried silver dime in my test bed that has 2 rusty old nails in the same hole close to it.

A lot of modern machines will only hit in 2 directions and that is with a DD coil too.

I have found that Concentric coils seem to be able to pick some things out of iron better than a lot of DD coils can.

But when I swung my new to me CZ 5 over that dime this morning I was very surprised that it just about hit it from all angles with no problem!!

I have owned 2 CZ 5 in the past and one CZ 6.

I wished I held onto at least one of them and now that I have this one it isn't going anywhere!!

It hits my 8 inch buffalo nickel with no problem too but it will ID it as foil. Which I know a decent tone at that depth is always worth the dig anyways.

Am very happy with this CZ5!!

Great detectors but not balanced well without belt or mods. My brother still swings the one he bought new. I had a couple and the digital version and if I would get another for the right price

Well yes....it isn't per say a most ideal ergonomic set up at all ....but I can overcome the odd fellow with the performance it offers.

I have been trying to figure out a way to get it set up like the 1266......I think that set up would be a little more easy to deal with

It’s a great detector, It’s weight has made me Ambidextrous. I can swing it right or left handed with precision after years of use. The weight is what bothers me most.