Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Happy 70th birthday to Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin,best guitarist in the history of music!!!:clapping:

Really? I thought the generally accepted modern consensus was Hendrix or Clapton? :shrug:

Historically speaking, I hear King David wasn't no slouch on bending strings either...before he was King anyway, understand he could sooth raging royal temperaments with his riffs, all the while dodging spears thrown at him from the audience?...I doubt Jimmy Page had to tolerate that kind of feedback! Sure maybe a beer bottle a time or two, or a lawsuit, but a real pointy spear? Got to give props to a guy who could take care of the flock, kill lions and all, even a giant if necessary, and still bang out righteous riffs without the benefit of a sound man covering for him on the board! Heard Heavy King D's kind of old school slung out Habiru Rock could actually kill Philistines! Might be a myth or urban legend, but thats what I heard...maybe he had better speakers?:shrug:

Sure, Page cut some enjoyable but short term non-world changing wax, just like a ton of others... No comparison! Heavy King D has to hold the rank of the best string strummer in History! Not only that, but the guy laid down some mad lyrics! Got his whole portfolio published! :surprised: Called it the Psalms! I dont know what "Psalms" means, but it sure is some good stuff! Best part is a guy dont have to pay any royalties to use it! Can pretty much access it Globally anywhere, even in motel rooms! Can't say that about Page..

Anyway, I'm no musician, but I appreciate talent when I see it...anybody that can kill a Nephilim with nothing but rock is gonna be tough to beat as far as claiming the "Best in History"...

Someday, Warty, I look forward to hearing you sit in on a jam session with Heavy King D! It should be great fun to see you both write and riff off of each other! I'll be the guy in the back cheering YOU on, with the lighter in the air! . I doubt Page will be anywhere in the vicinity, but then again, what do I know? Maybe a guy gets credit for time served? Sure hope so, or grace or something...Lord knows I dont have a chance otherwise.:super:
Mud

Clapton and Hendrix were and are great guitarists,but neither played their Les Paul with a violin bow,or pioneered double neck guitars,such as Page did with a Gibson SG six/twelve string axe he used in "Stairway to Heaven".I was simply wishing one of my favorite musicians happy birthday......You have your favorites,I have mine........

I wished I had a fraction of these musician's musical gift. I tried learning the guitar, but never was able to pick it up.