Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hangin' Ten last week ....

MONKOO8

Last week there was a fun little surfin' tale....Last night i spent two and a half hours building a sand castle with words only to have it collapse when there was an attempt to delete an uploaded picture resulting in an error.

A fantastic story about the lost puppy i had found, gave a home to, and named Pluto Mexicanos is reduced to a couple of sentences............................' ' ' '' ' '' ' '' ' ' '
"Last Sunday night saw the sun set ridin' a wave having a great past week...(which concluded with a small gold ring)....thought I would take a break for a couple of days....For some reason there was a gnawing at my mind that something was left to be found where a couple days before a few Buddies and I had found a few coins.
Normally i work bankers' hours but come Monday morning was at the spot just after sunrise (sevenish)...... was detecting near the same area that my buddies had been a couple of days before and a puppy without a home finds one....Easily second or tied for first (1st.first silver '37GW quarter) my favorite new find to date. A half an hour after puppy(he weighs 3/4oz) 'Scorpio' crawls out of the ground(1/4oz)....If it had been a Lion "my sign" i would have called into work with a case of "Detectoritis"." [attachment 135748 022.JPG] [attachment 135749 023.JPG] [attachment 135747 016.JPG] [attachment 135750 021.JPG]

Tuesday took a break and Wed and Thurs were nothing great...Friday a fun gig. Overnapped after work and was headed to a park when i saw a sidewalk construction project...a subject i had just read about in W&E Treasures magazine...made the detour with the outcome being a hat trick of wheats.

Also lost was a story about heading back to the puppy/barber spot on Saturday...Summed up...The only good thing i liberated that day was a dove trapped in a batters' cage...(caught em with my hat).
Last night i liberated a sentence about the devil throwin' another log on the fire (it got so hot).....fishing me into the fire with a 'last signal' junk ring...me biting and breakin' the line heading home....
Sunday's story had me playing in a sandbox for a few minutes (a five coin spill,also a 10" zinc), then heading to the Folk's for dinner and almost being late due to nearly a roll of pennies laying on the ground.

All lost to the 'Aether...
Well i didnt give up and forty five minutes later (this is last night, goin on three and a half hours) there was a second leaner and less tower having castle than the first....
This time i made sure to copy the draft in case of a loading error...
It was about three a.m. (thats the time my cpu performs routines) and upon completing the second version of the tale proceeded to load the images...at about the third, a message came up about the cpu wanting to automatically apply updates in a few minutes. I pressed the 'cancel' button and continued to upload the rest of the pictures.
Ten seconds from pressing the "post" button....................................the cpu auto/restarts thus bypassing my copied version of the second story.....It was late i was mad

The puppy was so cool that i could not give up on sharing in the tale...Athough of a different cut than the first two stories I'd hope this one could satiate. Good luck and happy hunting!
[attachment 135751 006.JPG] [attachment 135752 020.JPG]

That's quite the collection there MONK, you're really gettin' it done. Great job:thumbup:

That's happened to me more than once. There are a few better versions of some of my posts floating around in cyberspace.

Two great silver items. That dog would be high on my list too. Hard to pass a silver snake I found earlier this year, though.

Chris

Where is the gold ring?

Nice finds!:clapping:Good clad haul!:thumbup:Happy Hunting!:)