Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Handy site for some

Royal

http://www.retrevo.com/s/gps

I figure I could carry it in one of my saddle bags and use it when I visit some of those old towns to take some pictures. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

accurate and fast and still can lock in areas that others would lose signals.

You can load hundreds of cashes on it at one time from your computer.

Look at just some of the cashes around your home!

[attachment 97214 fred1.jpg]

And there are even some around the old home place.

[attachment 97215 fred2.jpg]

And there are plenty to find on your rideabouts. This is just a fraction of the ones available in your area..

[attachment 97218 fred3.jpg]

n/t

I know I sure can't fault mine. Does all I want and then some. The more I mess with it the more things I find to use it for. My wife has been using it a lot lately with her girl friends hacking out new horse trails in the State Forest. They just fire it up, do their riding and I do the over lay on the Topo map later or even in Google Earth. Works great. The dirt bike club also just used to to layout our Turkey Run we had this past weekend. That is a 75 mile course. We just handed the riders this Sunday the maps and off they went.... Plenty of new caches around here, just no time to get out there and find them. Hay time, weeding whacking time, and Mr Fix it time all have me cornered.

Geo

Looking at the Google Earth map, We could have a ball down there with the GPS. Looks like we would need some of your out on the range skills to get them all. I like the ones you have to hike for and then think like the person hiding might have thought. The down side is I would not leave my bike very long unattended. At least not back east here. I saw in the paper the other day where up in the Hartford Area a bunch of big road bikes have been stolen. The paper said they just pull up to it in a van, have a winch inside, kick out the ramp and wala up it goes into the van and its gone...... Mostly Harleys. I assume they part them out and sell them that way.......

Geo

However, as each days passes, I learn some more about them. Also, thieves are also stealing the big bikes down here too! I wonder how many of the bikes end up in Mexico? Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Are detailed road maps difficult to see on the small tv screen? Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

Electronic Compass, and the Barometric Altimeter. They have the Sirf chip in them that gives far better reception under tree cover etc. The C stands for color, the X for the micro card included with it and the S for the Sirf Chip. Here is yet another link that gives you more info on them....

http://www.gpsnow.com/gmmap60csx.htm

Garmin makes good gear. If your not happy with the detail of the basemaps, you can install city navigator or other software that will show you the streets in the citys and elsewhere with much more detail.... I find that as long as your in between the main ones, at least back east here you can find your way around. More land out your way so it may take more time to get to it but should still work. The basemaps have the main roads but not the little side roads. The closer you zoom on the area the more detail also....Plenty of cheap software on EBAY to add on if you need it. I have the extra software for my Magellan also but seldom load it in. I didn't need the added info for travel on the east coast here. There is a little arrow when your traveling at speed, that tells you how fast your going and points the way you are headed. Usually I've marked in so many Geocaches to find on the roads I'm traveling that i just clickon the next Geocache to find, and it tells me how long it will take me to get there, how many miles, and then down to feet as I get closer etc. ONce you figure it all out they are pretty slick little units. Usually the basemap is a combination of topo map and main roads. For most uses this will do the trick.....

Geo