Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hand Held Pin Pointer

Wilhelm

Is there such a thing as a "hand held" pinpointer that will get down 3 to 4 inches? Or even 2 to 3 inches?

I believe you would get those depths with a Pistol probe handheld probe, but the thing is just too dang big for my liking. The Garrett Propointer I use seems to work fine and the size is much more manageable for me.
I think the ProPointer would get you 2 to 3 inches with no problem plus I like how it chirps when the target is a couple inches deep and then one solid tone when you are right on top of the target.......HH

Roger

You can also 'supertune' for a bit more depth/range. To see how this works lay your pinpointer down on a neutral surface then place a target just out of range. Move a washer (or any metal) along the axis of the pinpointer from back to front. You will see there is a point at which it starts to register the target. stop advancing the slide and move the target just out of range again to show you are not picking up the sliding metal. Play with it a bit and you will quickly grasp supertuning.
Tom

That supertuning works well and you can double your distance on a coin..In most cases don't need but on those real deepies comes in handy.. They have a video on the net if you didn't grasp from his post...

My Uniprobe will go 4" easy.
HH
Mike