Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Halloween is evil!....Kinda?

ronbo57

But because my kids and grandkids bring home these delicious sugary convection's that I am not supposed to eat, says my doctor. He tells me I am type II diabetic. Who am I to argue, he's the doctor...Right? But does he account for my seasonal addiction to black jelly beans, Reeses, and Kit Kats. No No No. And banana Laffy Taffy. Ohhhh the horror. (on my pallet). This is a cruel time of year! Except for Easter, when I am tortured with spiced jelly beans, candy coated marshmallow eggs, and chocolate bunnies. Never wave this stuff in my face to extract sensitive information. Because I'll talk!

:drool::drool:

really not funny when diabetic! Remember satan is the tempter of weak flesh & candy is what he uses to snare you if he possibly can! Obey your DR. ; resist satan & he will flee! I like Chocolate like most women do but limit myself to one small square a day as one little pc is good for you 'tis said, well anyway I hope so! :unsure: :huh: Ma

Mine too! I used to do my kids Easter baskets & I would eat all the black Jelly beans, thinking they wouldn't like them! Well Susan found out in later years & still hollers about me eating them & she never knew there were any black ones & just loves them! :cheekkiss: Oh well I never had an Easter Basket growing up so took advantage while making their baskets which had plenty of assorted Chocolate & Candies for them! Another memory from helping raise youngens! :blowup: Ma

Christian and temping (to me at least) it isn't. I prefer to celebrate 'Refermation Day' remembering our forefathers and how America came about religiously. Halloween is like so many other 'holidays' Christian's celebrate that aren't or never have been Christian. Such are Easter & Christmas. Obviously it good that we celebrate the resurrection of Christ and all He did for us and it's nice to celebrate His birth too but both of these holidays are pagan, in nature.