Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Halloween Ghost Story....................

Kelley (Texas)

Halloween will soon be here and I thought some of you folks would enjoy this story that I found on the Internet. Kelley (Texas) :)

A couple's small daughter befriends a Victorian ghost

LORENDA M. lives in a large house that was built during the Victorian era, filled with old charm and secrets in every room. She took residence in the house several years ago with her husband, Ben and their six-year-old daughter, Anna.

Lorenda and Ben loved to entertain and often hosted parties for friends and family. Occasionally these visitors would stay as guests at the house. That was one of the reasons the young couple moved from their smaller house in London to this spacious English country home. And for the first few weeks they lived there, they found it lovely and peaceful.

Anna especially loved exploring the house. But that's when and how the horror began.

Anna had not yet started in any kind of school, and the couple and not had the chance to get acquainted with the neighbors.

One day Lorenda could not find Anna anywhere in the house. "I was worried she might have gone off outdoors," says Lorenda, "and Ben offered to watch out for her while he walked our golden retriever, Lulu."

Lorenda thought she was in the house alone. Then she heard the most deafening thud from upstairs. It was so loud that it caused the chandelier above her head to tremble. Lorenda froze, staring up at the ceiling and wondering what on earth could have caused such a dreadful noise.

With her heart pounding, Lorenda tentatively crept up the spiral staircase and began to search every room on the second floor. She came to a room that she and Ben were intending to convert to a bathroom, but which had been an old nursery. She pushed open the door and popped her head around the door. "When I didn't find the source of the noise," Lorenda says, "I turned around, and almost jumped out of my skin when I saw Anna there, gazing up at me."

Little Anna innocently asked her mother why she looked so scared. Not wanting to alarm the child, she replied that it didn't matter. To relieve the tension of the moment, she took her daughter downstairs for some drink and biscuits. As they entered the kitchen, Anna piped up, "Mummy, I want to play with the doll's house upstairs, but Jess says I can't because it's her sister's."

Lorenda was confused. She searched her daughter's face for signs of playfulness, but Anna was concentrating on the small TV on the sideboard. Lorenda didn't have a clue who "Jess" was, and they didn't have a doll's house. Lorenda, however, decided that she had had enough weirdness for one day and decided that Anna was just exercising her wild imagination. Yet Anna was such a good girl, not prone to lie or make things up.

Soon Ben came home with Lulu and Anna announced she was going upstairs to play in her bedroom.

Lorenda told Ben what Anna had told her. "Ren," as he called his wife, "Anna's only young. This Jess person must be an imaginary friend of hers. You know how kids are."

Lorenda was more than willing to accept Ben

A guy I work with lived in a house that had a friendly old woman visitor often. In an upstairs bedroom. He's as straight a shooter as they come. No fanfare or attention sought. It was common knowledge amongst his and his wife's families. Some refused to sleep in that room when visiting. Not sure what I would've done ? Thanks for the most interesting story Fred !

n/t

strange things do happen. I was in my bed, about ten years ago and woke up in the middle of the night. I looked up and swear there was a woman standing next to the bed. It was spooky and dark. I could not see her eyes but she was facing me.

I get goofy dreams so I closed my eyes and rubbed them and opened them again and she was gone. My house is almost 90 year old and I joke about my ghost but there have been strange thumps and creaks that I can not explain.

She was friendly though.....

will repeat it closer to the "right time"! I don't particularly believe in ghosts, I prefer to call them spirits, since my experience has been with the good spirits!

Happy Halloween, Cowboy and family! :)

n/t

n/t