Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hallettsville, Texas, has a colorful history..................

Kelley (Texas)

I have placed this small Texas town high on my list and I may ride the bike over there this weekend or next weekend. The following article will give you some insight of just how colorful this town was at one time. Hallettsvile is approximately two hours east of San Antonio. My journal about Texas towns has now grown to eleven stories with photos, a few of which were posted on this Forum. I have a goal of fifty stories. I am still doing research on some of them, thus some stories have been rewritten with updated information. For example, the story about Martindale, Texas has been updated twice...the latest update being that I discovered that the saddle shop had been a grocery store prior to becoming a saddle shop. I have also been given the name and phone number of an old lady that now lives in Austin, Texas who was born and grew up in Martindale, Texas. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Rustlers and Outlaws
Were Common in Early Days
by Murray Montgomery

Folks living in Lavaca County in this day and time might be surprised to know that back in the 1870

Read "The Life And Times Of John Wesley Harden" if you want a good look at early Texas outlawry!!! My Grampa claimed to have met the man!!!

regards,

Cupajo

Look forward to the pictures of it. Maybe find and old Boot Hill type cemetery or hanging tree. The must highlight some of that stuff. You would thing someone would link all this neat stuff together, and have a all day or weekend bus tour of all this stuff for the western buffs of yesteryear. They actually tried a few old western towns in this area with stunt men, but they never seemed to have lasted to long.

Hmmmmm, might make a good day of riding for me and see if I can capture 3 that I know of.

George-CT

Of course, they had rough role models too. the James gang, Hole in the wall gang etc.

So that type of individual was probably not all that scarce back then/

Calm seas

Mikie