Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Half Dollar ID numbers

FarmerJ

Just was wondering what everyone is getting for those deep half dollars... as far as ID numbers??? I would love to see my buddies face is I was able to pull one after hunting a bit over a year. (he has been hunting a long time) Neither of us have found any silver half's. ANd a walking or seated are at the top of our list.

Farmer J -- I have found a couple of Walkers -- both about 5-6" deep, so those are not really "deep." Both of mine were pretty consistently hitting around 00-28...sometimes the FE would fluctuate up just a bit, but basically 00-28. Out of the ground, a solid 00-28.

Steve

Pretty much all the ones I have dug have been 00-24 up to 00-27 never had one at 00-28. Maybe some different soil around my parts.

HH

Tom

The halves that I have found were not too deep. The last silver half I dug was mixed-in with rusted iron, and if I remember right it was a very iffy signal with an occasional 00-26 to 00-28. Which I thought would be a quarter.

Hey detecterx -- very interesting. I air tested a silver dollar the other day, and it was 00-26. Did you try air testing any of your halves? I wonder if your soil is causing the lower reading -- and an air test would answer that. If it AIR TESTS that low, hmm...

Steve

Unfortunately large silver coins read low in the wheatie..indian head area rel numbers...one guesses its a quirk of Explorers and might experiment with curor movements lest you lose a nice big coin....Siver dollars are far and few between....so use the number, cursor and above all the telltale audio...to dig or not...

A good many of mine ring in at 00-27 especially with any depth. Id say it has to do with the density and conditivity that the magnetic field produces and how its processed.

Dew

I haven't found one with the SE Pro yet but I do have one in my test garden and it hits at 00-27 every time.

Don

Rememember you have the cursor placement as a second way to tell......along with the audio...always check all three to dig or not as indeed the bigger silver coins do read low..into the zinc penny and indian head range as far as numbers go...