Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Had our first snow last night.

George-CT

The good part is it didn't amount to all they thought it would. It was about 3 inches and I was just outdoors and its almost 2:00 pm and its mostly gone now. This was a wet heavy snow that stuck to everything. All the limbs are popping back up now. If it would have been as heavy as they were claiming, we would have lost power I'm sure. Another good thing is mother nature put it here and it is taking it away with no plowing on my part. That's good as the drive way is still not frozen solid. But the snow puts you more into the Christmas season mode. Getting read to put the tree up also. Should be fun with the new grand daughter.

Here are a few shots of whats left of the snow.....

Geo

There was something clean about a white coating over the bare tree limbs and the brown scatterings of leaves. There was also the promise of more of the white stuff to come of course, not too bad when you knew you were prepared for what winter would bring - not so good in tough years when I wasn't sure how we would make it through a bad winter.

Enjoy it while you can Mate,

Eric

Here in South Texas we had predicted snow for 4 Dec. I had to go back to the blizzards of the 1880s to find a prediction of snow this early for this area. We actually got a few isolated flakes in Seguin, but nothing else. We did have a hard freeze that night, tho. I hear Houston actually got snow, which is unheard of, especially this early. When we get snow over here it's usually in Jan or Feb--if we get snow at all.

Back in the '80s we had some really hard winters for this area--snow, lots of freezes. The 'pundits' who currently are wailing about 'global warming' were telling us we were on the cusp of 'a new ice age.' Funny how they seem to change depending on which way the wind blows.

Got down to 5 degrees last night... So we keep the fires going, keep Alice warm [she is home home and eating........ best of all not nauseous], and this too shall pass

Fair winds

micheal

That's the news I wanted to hear on her trip to the hospital. Your temps are down there. We are only looking at the mid teens here by weekend. That will be freeze up for sure. The horses water was skimmed over with ice this am. I will park my tractor with chains on it up on wood tomorrow so they don't freeze when in the ground. I've forgotten it a few times and it was stuck pretty good.

Geo-CT

n/t