Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Had me a pretty good hunt…..

Mike from MI "Iron Brigade"

Staff member
Got permission at one of the first houses built in a nearby town. Some of the main areas where I had high hope had been dug up years before for a new septic, so that area was not too productive. Also had some electrical interference from underground cables. On a good note I got some nice keepers. One 14K ring, a sterling class ring that was squashed, 8 wheats, one Buff, a cool lead soldier (bag pipe man) A disabled veterans tag, a Post office key, a crotal bell, a neat mini fork, a toy wrench, two tokens in one dig. One is a Cracker Jack Mystery Club token circe 1933, and the other is a Madame Hendren Doll token circa 1922. A cool Indian buckle, a rubber dog bone with a steel band inside, and one of the neatest items is a Sterling spoon with a church engraved into the bowl and the words " M E Church Clinton WI. Took two hunts to finish the yard but it was a good yard.
[attachment 324291 IMG_1677.JPG]
[attachment 324292 IMG_1682.JPG]
[attachment 324293 IMG_1683.JPG]
[attachment 324294 IMG_1684.JPG]
[attachment 324295 IMG_1687.JPG]

Surely good digs for you. Is the spoon handle broken off ? The silver ring might be coaxed back into shape. I have done that a number of times. Silver is forgiving. Steve in so la

That is a good looking spot. Nice finds you got there. Congratulations.

Congrats, Mike, on all the nice goodies! You sure did well and, of course, like you always do being a dedicated and persistent hunter of the oldies! God Bless and go get some more! Ma

I want to find a crotal bell one of these days. I have never found one.

Well done Mike :) One of our Account Executives outside of Detroit said the weather has been unseasonably warm up there. Glad you're able to get out and get some great finds before the ground freezes. Congrats!

Greg

I have about 30 in my collection now.

We had one day in Nov where we got almost a foot of the white stuff. It melted in a few days. We have had a few 60 degree days in Dec, many 50's but mostly 40's. I means no work for me, but the digging is good.

Yes the upper part of the spoon handle is gone, but I got the good part. The silver ring is missing the school part. Otherwise I might be able to return it.

n/t