Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Had a motocross race at the club this weekend....

George-CT

One of the guys was wearing a helmet cam. This is the 30+ class but it will give you and idea whats its like. Kind of a narrow field of view but again, you can see the jumps etc once they get out of the infield.

Been trying to get out on the road bike and have with my daughter on her bike but we were always on a mission so not a lot of site seeing or pictures. She is back in SC right now but will be back this weekend. Weather looks great for next week so should get some more picture adventures. Pretty much all greened up here again now. Horses sure like the new grass coming in. Just enough to make them happy but not founder them.

Here is a short video of the older guys on our track.....This little camera is attached to his helmet.... Thats what we need Fred.....

George-CT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrrzWTmC08o

of bikes with suspension that made them like pogo sticks! DT 250's with the muffler and lights off, heck we thought they were great. Then came mono-shock....whoo hoo! I was already too old tho by then:biggrin:

guy on a red Honda's butt. He his just staying behind him to show off the jumps and the acceleration of the guy ahead of him. It really
don't show how big the jumps really are. It looks easy there. Fun hobby for sure.

Geo

to do that type of riding. Thanks for sharing, enjoyable viewing. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Oh to be young today and have the money for those toys. That looks like it would be a ball!!!

Thanks for posting it buddy. Very interesting indeed:thumbup:

faster then the video indicates. Even Experts in shape, 20 laps and you are pretty much wasted. Your using your entire body and mind
and its all happening fast. Those ticks you keep hearing in the video are rocks bouncing off the helmet, your knee's, hands. And those jumps are big. The big jump coming off the wooden wall is a 30 foot drop. Your always setting up for the next jump. It takes a lot of practice to be really good at it. Hard to break the habit once you have gotten hooked. Bet no different than bull riding. Once its in your blood, hard to get away. Those bull riders impress me. As Royal said. oh to be young again..... My back don't like the big jumps anymore. We have a Vintage race coming up in 3 weeks. Its all the old bikes from way back when. Even so, it amazes me what some of these guys can still get out of them on these new very technical tracks.... We hold that one for free, put out a big chicken dinner and really have a great time, just for the old timers. One of my favortie events....

George-CT

Perhaps later this evening I will be able to let them load.

Calm seas

Mikie