Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Had a little plowing to do today. 10 inchs of new snow.

George-CT

More on the way tonight. Makes for a nice white Christmas which I like. After that it can all melt away and go back to late spring. My backhoe is donw while I put in a water pump on it. Not easy to get at so needed a backup. I made and attachment for the tractor. Nice 8 foot blade so it sticks out wider than the wheels.
Works pretty good except the extra leverage makes the back end a little lighter on the hills on my driveway. I have a set of counter weights for it down in the pasture I might have to get and remove the grader on the back. Easy task, they just pin on the 3 point hitch.... I like the rear grader as I can back into next to the cars and drag the snow out. Anyhow this was my day today, looks like more of the same tomorrow. Horses enjoyed watching me....

George-CT

All that time with two Dodge plow trucks, and a few of my techs, and all the Sales force,including the GM. All the new/used cars were dense packed, to make room. I left at 1:00 ,and let them park all the vehicles. I am not looking forward to tomorrow!

backing up etc. That will make you beat for sure. I did ours and the barn area and ring, then use the snowblower on the wood shed, and around all the cars, trailers etc. Then went back out when I saw we had a chance for that much more and pushed the roadway back further to make room for more. A few times I've only made it the 8 feet wide, and the sides got rain and froze up. Then its like a bob sled run and you can move the sides..... I came in and stood in the shower for 30 minutes to thaw out and get the fingers working again. Darn arthritis don't like the cold. My backhoe sits here with a heated cab, and no water pump. I'm working on it but this weather don't help, plus I'm doing it from the side with the loader still on it. Means I do it all from the side and mostly in braille. I know where the 12 bolts are and just taking them off that way. Getting back on is the problem, no room and need that gasket on right. Otherwise, its pull the loader off, drain all the hydraulics, and pull them and the radiator as they run thru it, along with the front counter weights for the backhoe itself.....

Maybe we will get lucky and the storm will miss us. If not, good luck....

George-cT

Very nice looking place you have there. If the weather holds true to forecast, I will be doing that tomorrow or Monday. We will see. I would almost prefer to have the snow rather than the forbiddingly cold temperatures. That cold just makes every job just that much more difficult. And the bobcat takes a major job and turns it into a minor inconvenience. :):

calm seas

Mikie

n/t

I moved all of our equipment into my shop yesterday, in anticipation. I am very fortunate in that I have a boiler [a very efficient one] that runs hot water through the concrete floor of the shop. All of the 'toys' are nice and cozy and when/if I need them, I can get into them and run them straight off.

Fair winds

Mike

Major effort to take it all off. I'm doing it now, but no fun in these temps with no gloves on. I'll attach a picture of the 420. Good little machine and I use it like another person on about everything. Even to save the back often I will grab a log like a elephant would with its trunk only with the bucket and hold it at waste height so I don't have to bend with the chain saw. Those 2 herniated disc don't like that bending stuff with weight hanging off you.

Not sure what happen to the fence. My wife had it out back and moved it around. Something got it, but I'm innocent on that one but I can lay claim to many others... It just started to snow again here, so we will see what shows up in the am.

Hope Alice is doing better. You guys don't need this stuff...

George

crazy horse woman :D Back blade and front bucket. I had wheel weights all the way around and chloride, I think that is what was used in the rear tires for weight. That sucker was like a dang tank.

We had a storm a few days ago down here in Waterford but not nearly as bad as up north. I just looked a the camera and it looks like we got a couple inches last night in Roscommon. I cleaned part of the seat going down the steps on the left so I could see the accumulation.

I sorta like clearing snow if I have the right equipment but shovels suck

n/t

I see tracks but can't tell what kind. Saw a few birds fly in also. I keep it set for clarity mode so you only see flickers of them,but nice and sharp. I'm trying to talk my neighbor into getting one for her horse barn. Big indoor with borders and she things this or that. Put in the web cam and you will know.

Heavy snow here again right now....4 new inches on the ground since last night and no sign of let up. Another coastal storm with unlimited access to water. How its tracking Cape Cod looks like it might get hammered hard if it don't go over to rain. they get a little warm air off the water, here, it is either snow or ice..... I'm prefer snow or rain, not ice.....We Can go a week easy here before they get to us....Last one of line, way off the main road...

Yeah thats my 1982 International....584 diesel..... I put the chains on it years ago and it will go when nothing else will on the ice....Wish it was 4x4, but its not....For a diesel, its a starting fool in cold weather, 1/2 of revolution on the engine and its running.... I had a big 10kilowatt generator that went on the rear pto, but some thought they needed it more than I did and stole it when I left it one night in the pasture by the road. Hope he cracked his left one picking it up....LOL.......

Later George

They treat it like hazardous waste. Most of my rigs have it in them. Gas stations here, some will touch it,some will not.....

n/t

I just stopped at Costco and saw that they have a 640 gig external hard drive for 90 bucks!! That is huge and cheap:surprised: