Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Had a fun hour before the rain

Old Sox

Got out for an hour on a campsite today and got cut short by rain. But not before I got some goodies!! My very first hit out of the truck was the broken up Eagle Button, then my second hit turned up the US piece. Man, I thought, this is gonna be a good day!! Then it started raining so I put the SE up and grabbed my 70 with a sandwich bag. I got to hunt a while longer and found the buckshot, musket sling hook, and the pinfire case. I have been wanting to get the X70 on this spot for a while anyway. The rain got harder and I had to leave:veryangry:

Question: I have a cover on the SE but I was worried about the battery compartment and the headphone jack so I put it up, can you hunt in a mild rain with just the cover?

Thanks for looking

Don't know anything about the SE and rain, but it looks like you have a great site you're on, for just an hour hunting that's pretty durn good! Hope you get back to hit her harder!

HH
BarnacleBill

Oops!! I meant to post it on the Explorer forum first. I, along with who knows how many over the years, have hunted this spot. I believe that you can never get it all. I will be going back when it warms a little.

n/t

As long as the control box is fully covered by a proper cover and a plastic bag or other cover for good measure then you shouldn't have a problem. I have hunted in heavy rain with my 70 before without a problem and all I had was the weather proof cover and a clear plastic bag ( the bag was quite big and looked ridiculous but it did the job) .
Cheers!

Hay, who needs to be pretty when your finding valuable coins and jewelry :detecting:.

Great finds. Who cares about a little rain. No problem unless you're a witch. That's why I keep the wife in the house when it rains :cheekkiss::poke: