Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Had a fun day…..

Mike from MI "Iron Brigade"

Staff member
Every February our club has a banquet at a local restaurant. Even though we are having bad weather (50-60 mph winds) rain, snow, ice, trees down, and whiteouts. Many have lost power too. We still had 37 show up for the dinner. Great time of fellowship with good friends. We randomly gave out a small envelope to everyone. Mine contained a walking liberty half, two mercs, a buffalo nickel, and an Indian head penny. Then a member donated 7 prizes so we drew seven more tickets and I won a real nice Morgan dollar. I also need to mention that a great friend walked in at the beginning and gave me a new
Mega Red Book. It's huge! 1500 pages. Made it home safe, what a good day!

[attachment 365031 IMG_6611.jpg]

Mike from MI \"Iron Brigade\" said:
Every February our club has a banquet at a local restaurant. Even though we are having bad weather (50-60 mph winds) rain, snow, ice, trees down, and whiteouts. Many have lost power too. We still had 37 show up for the dinner. Great time of fellowship with good friends. We randomly gave out a small envelope to everyone. Mine contained a walking liberty half, two mercs, a buffalo nickel, and an Indian head penny. Then a member donated 7 prizes so we drew seven more tickets and I won a real nice Morgan dollar. I also need to mention that a great friend walked in at the beginning and gave me a new
Mega Red Book. It's huge! 1500 pages. Made it home safe, what a good day!
Congrats. Had plans so we couldn't make it.
I just last week looked at that book at barnes and noble. If I remember correctly they wanted $ 50. Very nice gift

Congrats, Mike--The weather doesn't stop good hearted men from enjoying life, good gifts & good food! I need to buy an updated coin book, as mine are very old--what book would you or anyone recommend to know the value of coins & what price to sell them for in today's timespan??? Thank you & God Bless! :angel: Ma

n/t

Thanks Mike--Which book is best for knowing the true prices of coins--The Black or the Red? I haven't been shopping for any detecting or coin stuff for a long time! :angel: Ma

I think most guys like the red book. Red is a retail guide but has lots of info, the blue book is a wholesale book. Many say the black book is mostly a dealer guide. I like the red the most. I mainly use it as a guide to what coins have more value than others. Most coins we find are common and not in great shape but some are nice and semi key dates. Here is an informative video on the red vs blue books.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpuipO6mTtA

Thank you, Mike! I liked the Video! I never had the Red Coin Book only small ones, I think the dark blue & black ones!! According to those two books--The Large RED & Large Blue one---- prices have risen for the important dates which I don't think I ever found but do have lots of loose coins to look through--some I ruined because of stupidity when first started hunting! Also, my eyes aren't very good for focusing on Double Dies & etc, which a lot of the newer coins have since the 80's! I hope to be able to sell enough to help buy a home, if I can get Tami moving so we can get an approval letter showing we can afford to buy one at a certain loan price! I don't know if we are being delayed by God or if it is the devil but whatever, I still trust Jesus & if Tami has a home, I know it will be Him providing & making it happen! Supposed to rain here tomorrow & have ICE my daughter Susan said;;so STE GEN might be slippery for awhile! Do you have both the RED & BLUE Coin Books & know about how much they cost per book or would I only need the RED for pricing coins to sell? The Video said to price them between the two prices shown in the books! Thanks again! :angel: Ma

I only have red books. Again you can look at them and find out if you have a better date coin. For instance if you are looking at mercury dimes you will notice that most are the same price like $3.00 for example. These are common dates. Now because of the current silver price, common date mercs are worth about $1.00 each to sell. Most people just put all the common dates together and get a certain price x face value for them. Most only weed out the better dates to sell separate.

Thanks Mike, Ya kind of burst my Bubble of hope for some money but I will try the RED book & see if I might have some better dated ones but trying to grade them won't be fun--not for me anyway! I separated & graded some a long time ago will have to check with the RED Book to see if I'm right or not! Keep us updated concerning Tammy & yourself! Hope you have blessed days of detecting for those hidden coins & collectibles! And also for all my folks here & those who lurk! Satan seems to be winning in the USA BUT he isn't, as God is the final WINNER!! AMEN! Thank you, Jesus! :angel: Ma

Congrats Mike! Glad all of you could get together and celebrate the up coming metal detecting season. Hope everyone has a good year.