Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Had a couple of good walks ... Maybe not as nice as Cupas rings... but will take them.. :):

Micheal_R

Staff member
Had to go to Nakusp two days running for doc stuff. On the way home, I stopped at chip hill for a quick look. Got these two and saw lots more sign.

[attachment 144147 arrowheads-009.jpg]

Going back for an all day trip on Saturday!!

Calm seas

Micheal

Do you ever find any other stuff from the Indians like pottery or axe heads? I see they do in this area from time to time. Just the other day they drained a pond off for weed control and found and old Indian camp. They are in there now checking it all out. They started this drain about 4 weeks ago so its drying up for them pretty good with the wind. Guess they need to get at it before it all freezes. Amazing whats out there if one knows what they are looking at.

Geo

else in it that dated it. Found this out in Oregon. They had been blasting a road pass or a truck run off, not sure which, but I was taking a rest looking around and found this. The detail in it was amazing. I saved it and have it here in a plastic bag to keep it clean.

Geo

n/t

Tell me more about the area, please! Do you have any pictures of the area? This weekend, I will probably go to Castroville, Texas and visit my cousin Cindy and see my horses. I may walk back to the rear of her property and look for some arrowheads in an area where I have found some in the past. I am tempted to try to ride a horse too! Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

they were the way to feed the family but there seem to be so many of them. Maybe it was a winter project will snowed in or something.
They sure worked for there needs at the time. I have the one you sent me and its really a work of art to me. I show the bird point you sent me about everyone that comes here as I keep it on my computer.

George

sure how common they are. I guess just the luck of the finder in being in a spot that has been opened up and find one intact. What we do have here is old Dinosaur imprints in the stones here. I was on one construction job and the dozer operator was cleaning off the dirt to the bed rock. The labors were water blasting them off so the concrete would bond better and low and behold, there they were. He started going the general direction it went and we kept finding them. They called in the right people to look them over and they stopped the job. This was in 1966, I had only been in the trade about a year. These prints are big. They built a big dome over a lot of them but there are many many more there. They just kept open the main section where a lot of them came together, both large and small ones.
Its a neat place up in Rocky Hill, CT about 1 hour from here but I have seen others also along the CT River watershed. All the nuke power plants we build they would go to to bed rock. Here is a link with a little info on it...

Rocky Hill Dinosaur Tracks

George