Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Had a close call today.......

Dan-MO

While driving a mini van at work a young man about 16 in a big 3/4 ton 4 wheel drive Ford truck ran a stop sign while doing about 50. T boned me on the passenger side (Thank God) demolished the Co. van and didn't do me much good either. I wound up with several cuts and bruises and a shiner of a black eye. As I write this my body is starting to ache and hurt in places I didn't know I had! I will probably have a hard time getting out of bed tomorrow.....I feel like I just played a football game without pads!

As I climbed/crawled out of the wrecked van...the kid was very concerned..........about his truck! Seems daddy had just bought it for him. I don't think the little idiot had any idea how close he came to killing me....or just didn't care. I am thankful that he wasn't hurt or I wasn't more seriously hurt. I hope daddy takes away his keys when his insurance gets to pay for the repairs on the truck AND a new mini van.

aches and pains. Could have been much worse from the sounds of it.

16 year old kids, especially boys, don't have a fully developed brain. I doubt he has a care about you. I would consider taking the moron to court for no other reason than to show him it is serious

getting through this with no lasting effects. Few things worse than car wrecks, often you never know for a long while if you are permanently injured or not!
If the kid was that careless and thoughtless he probably will get a new truck as his parents are likely as useless as him.
Hang in there and be well friend!

I would consider taking the little fool to court.... That way, he might begin to understand the seriousness of the situation and his actions.

Fair winds

Micheal

The kid will more than likely go on in life like he is the center of the world and it all revloves around him..... Or maybe he will get lucky and daddy will edcuate the little creep and let him walk until he is 21 as a lesson in life. So far in my life, few 16 year olds are really fit to be n the road.....

Glad you will be ok and it was only bruises.

George-CT

n/t

Your story is too common today; too many teens with wheels and no sense of responsibility!

I'm glad you survived Friend! Be well soon!

Cupajo

I am very sore in every joint in my body today especially my elbows (I guess from having a death grip on the steering wheel at impact) Nothing more serious though. I got a call this morning from the boys father asking me to sign a release (He must think I am nuts) and asking me not to report the accident to my insurance co......instead he would pay for the damages. I told him I had no plans to sue or seek medical treatment unless something got worse than it is now and didn't want any of his money. As for as turning it in to the insurance company.....this was a Co. owned vehicle and it has already been done. His insurance Co. can expect a call from the Co. insurance Co. very soon. He was not happy to hear this

he sounds like a con artist for sure and teaching the kid same tricks:rolleyes:
Sue him Dan! He needs it. You need to wait to see if you have any problems later but consider getting it all documented for sure.

Absolutely insure that you have the proper examinations and documentation. The dad sounds like he is teaching his son all the wrong morals though..

Fair winds

mikie

Been in a couple collisions over the years...my vehicle's being hit, most all say the same bull, They'll pay, sure, the tune changes when they find out the dollar figure, even then the chase starts. I always contacted my insurance agent no matter what. That way your covered... No doubt, that kid needs a lesson, and the ol' man needs a boot where the Sun don't shine!

Not that I am out for blooding anyone , but given that this boys' dad called and asked to get out of having his son not take any responsibility in this , I think you should take this matter a bit farther than just letting the Insurance companies play at it ... might start with a call to your/ the company's insurance company and let them know what good ol' dad asked you to do .... might give them a bit more ax to grind on them , maybe if you had the time a court case may also be an education to Jr. and dad , but you also maybe dealing with someone who already has a court understanding and you may end up with more trouble and aggravation then it is worth to educate the little darling ...(for lack of a better description that is board friendly)

JMHO
Bill G.