Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GW BUTTON FOUND

NH ANDY

I was out detecting the other day found this button in a field,really didn't think much about it ,so I put it in my pocket ,and keep on detecting found fairly decent large cent and few more colonial buttons,went home and look up the GW button and I found out it was a George Washington inaugural button and might be me best find this year so far.Well thanks for looking at my find,and good to all,NH ANDY.

That'll do it! My advice to you is to hunt the heck out of that field. Great find!

http://www.youtube.com/user/RelicHuntersJournal

Hi, Great Button!!! I found 3 so far and none are in as good shape as yours!! I looked it up in Albert's button book and it appears to be the most common variety - 11A . Rarity is R1,(more than 75 known). Even so, all GW's are rare if you consider the number of button collectors there are, and the lack of GW's to supply them with. I would say your button (w/ loop?) is worth at least a grand. I'm in western MA and both of us are in good GW areas. HH

Yes, it still has the loop,thanks for the info,I was just in Vernon,Vt. a month ago working found some good finds in that area also,I detect every were I go looking mostly for old stuff and coins,well thanks again for the info,NH ANDY