Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Guard Duty Part 2

bubba2

I don't know if the Sargent of the guard allowed the PFC to take the Private to the company commanders tent at that time or not. He did say "come with me" but in any case he did take the Private to the company commanders tent either that night or early that morning after he was off guard duty. What took place in the company commanders tent was firsthand from the Private to me and the rest of his buddies. (This Narration is not the exact words but is a description of what did happen.)

He related that after entering the tent and snapping to attention and giving name and rank the company commander ordered them to stand at rest and asked the reason for their visit. The PFC spoke up first and related to the company commander that he did charge the Private in an attempt to take his rifle from him and thought this would serve as a good lesson for the private and the rest of the basic trainees to be more vigilant and alert on guard duty but that the private had taken it upon himself to use his rifle butt on him in an attempt to cause injury to him and did in fact knock him out and has had a headache ever since. The company commander then asked the Private his version of the incident. The Private related to the company commander that he was walking his post as required and had heard some noise in which he was going to challenge whoever was there but before he could do so he was charged by someone or something and had hit the Private with his rifle and was very sorry he had hurt him but he admitted he was scared and was trying to defend himself.
Well the company commander sat back for a minute or two and then looked at the Private Basic Trainee and said "Soldier you have done an EXCELLENT JOB and I am very pleased with you and want to commend you for your performance in the carrying out of your duty. I ONLY WISH I HAD MORE SOLDIERS LIKE YOU." "As for you PFC ......, I am not pleased with your taking it upon yourself to attempt such a stunt and you are very lucky that Private ..... didn't hurt you worse than you have been hurt. I want you to check in with the medics and get cleared for return to duty. When you are cleared you can make up the time you have lost due to going to the medics and any time that is lost because of this incident. And then when you return to duty you can walk guard duty in place of Private ...... whenever he is next assigned to guard duty. However, if this is not agreeable to you then I can and will give you an Article 15." (Article 15 is company punishment and could be anything from 2 to 4 weeks KP duty or cleaning up the grounds or walking an endless guard post or whatever etc. etc. but would usually last for a couple of weeks of some extra duty and would go into your 201 file.) He also gave a speech to the PFC about going beyond the training criteria and the consequences of damaging government property which was himself and others around him and the loss of his duty time to horseplay etc. etc etc. The company commander was a well respected man and was very fair to us basic trainees but sure didn't allow any bull s..t from us or the training cadre. Bubba2

n/t

I still remember the first time that I stood guard duty in boot camp at Parris Island. We were taught to say "Halt, who goes there?" When they tell you who they are, you then say "__________, advance and be recognised." Well, I was on guard duty about two hours when I spotted the Officer of the Day clear across the parade ground. I figured that I would impress him so I cupped my hands and yelled as loud as I could, "Halt, who goes there?" I will never forget his reply, "Not now azzhole, I am too far away!" He then crossed the parade grounds and really gave me one heck of a chewing out.

Guard duty at night during boot camp was always enjoyable for me...it was quiet, I could watch the stars, and listen to the night sounds while thinking about South Texas.

Bubba, thanks for posting this story, enjoyable reading. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

HA HA HA, Kelly I think that story is about as funny as any I have heard. That officer should have remembered you were a young recruit and gave you a job well done but explained (without chewing your a..) that you only challenged if they were coming into your posted guard area. Of course him being a marine I don't think they consider you recruits as anything but stinking s... that needs to be stomped down and re-made into some of the best fighting men in the world. The army has great fighting men to but the marines are just plain tough and I think better disciplined.(Only my Opinion Guys and Gals so please don't get mad at me.) There must be other good military story's out there and I would sure like to hear them. Bubba2

I bet the PFC learned a lesson too. Don't mess with the guards!!

Thanks for taking the time to post this story from your past. They are always interesting

n/t