Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GTI 2500

One has all the bells and whistles, the other is a plain old turn on and go...I have a hunting bud, who owns both, he has said many ia time that if he would have known the the yella fella was so good, for the price, he would have saved his big bucks for gas to go MD'n. I own three detectors, Whites, Teroso and the yella fella, I have a lot of money tied up in the two afore mentioned, but I would not trade the fella, for a truck load of those other guys. See ya in the field of dreams, ace

The 2500 has more features plus all metal which gets greater depth and can be used with the Treaure Hound for locating deep treasures and caches - but for general coinshooting and such the 250 is hard to beat. I own the 2500/550/1350.1500/Infinium/Scorpion/BountyHunter Prospector, and I walk out the door most of the time with the 250

Bill

Both are great machines. The ACE is good for pulling coins and lots of junk. The GTI is good for digging coins, but can size an object and allow the user to leave a lot of junk in the ground. The GTI 2500 also has a true all metal mode which is considerably deeper then the ACE. The GTI 2500 gives a little more accurate information such as conductivity and depth. But...the GTI costs more then the ACE.

<center>I love them both!:inlove:

I own both. The Ace for a few months, and the 2500 for a few weeks.

My favorite features of the GTI:
TreasureTalk - I have it set to tell me the conductivity while scanning and size/depth when pinpointing.

Imaging - While not perfect, it does stop me from digging up most aluminum cans. I've been digging everything to test it's accuracy and so far it's pretty darn close. I do however dig quite a few can shards that are coin-sized :spin:
It's a bit off sometimes on shallow targets.

Pinpointing - Very accurate! A few waves of the coil, and it's dead center.

Caveats:
Weight - It's heavier than the Ace. Though not a problem for me, for some it may be a burden.

Backlight - Not that it's a problem, but I would prefer a simple on/off switch instead of navigating a menu to turn it on and off. I've left it on a couple of times after a hunt and didn't realize I had left it on the next time out during the day.

Sensitivity - The Ace is better at getting closer to metal playground structures, although I have not tried lower sens settings than stock.

Ace advantages:
Value - It's a great machine for the price, and at 1/5th the cost, I can leave it in my vehicle during the day for an impromptu hunt anytime. The GTI stays at home until I'm ready to use it. I'm a little uncomfortable leaving a $1000 machine in my vehicle vs. a $200 one.

Lightweight Light enough for anyone to use, easy to pick back up to repinpoint if needed.

Ace Caveats:
Soda Cans! Being from the land of the 10cent can deposit, there's still plenty of them discarded, crushed and in the earth. I know that you can ground balance/pinpoint and get a good idea the difference between a dime and can, but it's sometimes tricky. The GTI nabs it with a press of a button.

I have owned my Ace 250 since Feb 2005 and the GTI since January this year. For the price you can't beat the Ace. Huge bang for your buck. Since I have owned the ace, I have found approx A$20,000 of jewellery and clad with it. The GTI since January I have found approx A$5000 in jewellery and clad. Based on averages the GTI is averaging a better take per outing than the ace did, about 15 % better.

I am used to lugging a Minelab GPX around the bush so the weight of the GTI is not an issue to me. The imaging on the GTI is an incredible time saver and is probably the main reason for the bigger take than the ace. More time spent digging worthwhile targets ! I like the multi purpose uses of the GTI as I can use it out on the Australian goldfields in junky areas the GPX can't go. The ace just cannot handle the ground on the goldfields.

The depth is better on the GTI and since I have had it I have been going around my old ace sites and picking a fair bit of deep stuff I have missed. My average dig depth has increased. One of the very few issues I have with the GTI is the sweep speed. You really have to slow down compared to the ace or you will miss deep targets. The ace was like running a sprint, so fast. I am also racked off that the GTI wont bell tone on our $1 and $2 coins as the ace did. If I was doing a playground with the ace and it went "bring bring", it was a $1 ro $2 coin and I did not even have to look at the screen. The GTI, I have to look at the screen and see the conductivity and size to know it is a $1 or $2 coin always slowing things down a little.

Overall I really like both machines and since I have had the ace, I have had a ball. Whatever machine you choose, I am sure you will have as much fun as I have had.
Chris.