Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GTI 2500 vs DFX

Tx Gold Digger

I have both a Garrett GTI 2500 and a White DFX. I lover them both but still have not figured out which will go deeper. If settings are made as per Jeff Fosters recommendation in his book "Digging Deeper with the DFX" and the GTI sensivity was increased which one should I expect to detect deeper for coins and relics? Thanks.

Tough question, as I am sure either one might out-do the other in different types of soil. I am assuming you are talking about using the GTI 2500 in it's true all metal mode perfectly ground balanced. The deeper detector is not always a better detector, nor should depth of a machine be the greatest influence on purchasing one. Because this is a Garrett forum, I will give the strengths on the Garrett machine, and you will have to decide.

The Garrett 2500 is a very deep machine, especially when used in true all metal mode. It has a good probability of IDing targets, and the probability increases as you put in a lot of hours on it. The GTI series and GTP series are the only metal detectors available which can give you a size of the object. Once you learn this function well, as well as its limitations, you can leave lots of junk in the ground, spending a lot more time digging better targets.

<center>

Location + Operator + Available Time + Machine = Successful Treasure Hunting!

Good luck with whatever machine you choose. It's a tough choice. :)

Hope this helps.....

I have used both. My "high end" detector now is a DFX. Like you, there are things that I love about the DFX, but I have NEVER gotten the depth out of it that I got from the 2500. I have used them in a variety of soil types. I plan to buy a 2500 when finances allow. I like the idea of owning both detectors.

I can say that I had a dfx a few years ago and found nothing deeper then what my 2500 ever found. I to bought a book and set it up to be a hot deep detector . What a waste of money. Why would a company like that put out a detector that ran so poorly in the preset programs ? So I went back to the 2500. There were things I did like about the DFX but the 2500 won out at the end of the day. Don't get me wrong I've had Fisher , Garrett , Bounty Hunters,and Whites. They all do the job they were made for Finding metal. Some better in one type of soil and some in another type of soil. Take them both out sometime and check out the signals between the two. Could be a fun time. Let us know how you make out.