Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GTI 2500 FALSE INFO

field digger

Hi from England

I'm having a severe problem with my GTI 2500 and I'm hoping someone here could either help/solve or check theirs to see if its global.

When out detecting, I use 'All metal' mode and sensitivity around 9 because of long grass in my pasture fields and cant get close to the surface. When I have a signal beit 1,4,7, 9, 2, 12. I switch over to Discriminating on zero/relics (because I'm learning the machine and its signals) and lower the sensitivity down to around 7 - 7+ to double check the original signal (I flatten the grass too).

When I get the signal again, beit 1,7,8,12 and use pinpoint, the voice always tells me its 5 and then gives the size and depth.

When I use the 'Target recall' the voice starts to read the proper signal number that was shown on the scale in the first place but, then is interrupted with 5 and then the size and depth.(Like eighFIVE, B at 6 inches)..this has been getting worse over the last few months and is getting me VERY frustrated and annoyed.:ranting:......I cannot trust what the signals are anymore and for a machine of

I disabled 'Treasure Talk' - a drain on the system (sounds like yours isn't working right anyway). I trust the imaging and graph readings - they're quite reliable, in my experience.

Hi Swingman
I also have the Treasure talk turned off as I have a problems of overloading every time a signal was found......just sounded like everything was trying to work at the same time and lasted for 5-8 seconds......
My problem now is with the pinpoint......does your tell you the number then the size and depth??

SIZE not FIVE. In other words shes saying Size B not 5 B. She just can't pronounce size good. It had me wanderin fer a while also when I first bought my 2500. Hope you enjoy your 2500, I do mine. Its a great machine.
HH
God Bless
KY Bud

Hi and thankyou but,
She started saying size but it is 5 she's saying, even when a different signal has been found........I'm not calling you a liar, far from it but it is as clear as 7, 12, 10, 1, 0, 3, 8, or even 5......when you get a signal before trying the pinpoint, use 'Target recall'.....you will get the number, the size and the depth (if the signal gave it in the first place), if not, you'll just get the number.......
I get the first part of the said number then before it can be finished, 5 is said then size and depth (If applicable).....

IE; seveFIVE......blah blah.....or ninFIVE and so on.......

In pinpoint (when I first had it) always had said the number(whatever it is), size and depth.....even if its a trash can lid......it will be 5.

Thanks again
Marc

...to use the target ID number as a pinpointing guide - when it max's out, then I fine tune with the Treasure Imaging...getting the shallowest depth/smallest target indication. Then I dig. I usually also pinpoint in all-metal. (I haven't used the 2500 for 2 months or so, so I'm doing this from memory. Been learning a new machine.)

Just turn the talk off. Nothing on a detector is 100% accurate as it deals in probabilities not actualities.

Bill

Hi Bill
Thanks for your replies.

After more air testing, I agree its size and not five.....

Garrett needs to get her to speak more clearly!
jebsthinkaboutitct0.gif

Thankyou all again........
Marc

jebsthumbsuppu6.gif