Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GTAx550 Question(s)

Midland

First of all, my qualifications = Newbie to everything related to MD although I do watch
The Curse of Oak Island.

I'm hoping for assistance with setting up a borrowed 550 with a Crossfire II coil, to find a lost hearing aid.
It was lost while mowing our lawn & visual searches haven't found it.

The hearing aids use a #10 battery which measures about one quarter inch in diameter
& one eights inch in thickness so it's a pretty small target & probably is under a couple inches of grass.

The 550 will easily find a small gold ring placed on the floor.
It won't find my remaining hearing aid under the same conditions & with the same settings.
I'm thinking the 550 might be capable for this search if adjusted properly.

Thanks for reading, & any suggestions/comments are appreciated.
Midland (Jack)

Try zero discrimination and increase the sensitivity (depth) until you either pick it up or it becomes unstable.

John

John,
I still haven't had time to try your suggestions but will do so this weekend.

In the meantime, if I can drop another "need" on you, I have this:

I received a suggestion from member 'TheFrood' which came as an email on my phone.
On my phone the forum doesn't recognize my password so I can't respond.
I can't find 'TheFrood' or the message here as I don't know my way around yet. (I've tried everything that looked like it might work.)

I know this isn't what you signed up for, but I'm really frustrated at this point.

Jack

John,

Please disregard all of the last message with the exception of your MD settings suggestions response.
I've resolved the other problems.

Jack

John,

Found several trash items today so the 550 is working. A couple items were pretty small & they were found at 6/8 inches deep
but I was unable to detect the remaining ('test') hearing aid on the surface. I did try your suggestions.

I'm thinking of contacting a local pro who has multiple detectors, take my 'test' H A to him & see if he can find it when dropped into his grass.
If he doesn't detect it then the lost one is probably unrecoverable.

The pro couldn't detect it either
so I guess this is the end of the thread...
Thanks to all who joined in,
Midland