Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GT and now an SE. Should I keep both?

dcr

After purchasing a brand new GT, only a short while ago, I ran into a deal that I couldn't pass up. To make a long story short, I will soon be the owner of a GT and an SE.

Is the GT a better choice under certain circumstances, and worth keeping, or will the SE do everything that the GT does, and more?

I really don't need to unload the GT, but I would hate to relegate it to the closet if I won't be needing it.

Derek

Hello dcr. I had an ELITE with the control box waist mounted and a WOT coil and only did the beaches,I sold it to buy my SE and regret selling it I could swing it for 5 to 6hrs with no problems, but not the SE,I had to make a harness & bungee cord & after 4hrs my back is killing me. I still would not sell my SE, I have a WOT coil & an X1 probe & now do the beaches & parks. The probe is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I would keep the GT, fit it with a WOT coil & use it for the beach,& get an X1 probe for the SE &use it for the parks &sports fields HH

I live hours from any saltwater beach, although I have a lake that is handy. My current GT has an S-1 probe, but a stock coil.

In April I bought my first Excalibur. Of course I have been using it mainly in the water. But it works well on land too. My understanding is that the GT and the Excal are basically the same detector. I have a SE. Still, I would love to have an GT also as it would be easier to swing on land and a meter might be nice too.

I have found enough Gold already to pay for the Excal twice. It is hot on gold, and I'm sure the GT would be too. The SE is a great detector, but for Gold, my choice is hands down the Excal/Sovereign. That is not to say that the SE does poorly.

If you can afford to keep them both and you try to find jewelry on land then I would hold on to the GT. You may have different goals and the SE does well too.

My passion is coins and Jewelry. For coins, the SE is hard to beat. For Gold, I do much better with my Excal.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

HH Alton

Are you married, if so, what about your wife,maybe she would like to do some detecting. Keep the sovereign until you decide if you are happy with the explorer.