Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ground mineralisation

wal.ellison

Hi everyone, Just doing a test on the 3030, but somethings stumped me. User manual states if the ground is not heavily mineralised Ground Balance should not be used. On 'hot' ground it should be. Fair enough, but how is anyone supposed to know what the ground on a strange location is like? On my Xterra 705 the ground phase is shown when I Ground Balance, so I can see how hot it is. Is there a function somewhere on the 3030 which will indicate what the ground mineralisation level is? It seems silly to state you need to do something without any indication available to tell you when it needs doing! Be glad of any advice on this. Many thanks,
Wal.

In your case, you can rely on the Ground Phase reading of your 705 but you are right, Minelab does not tell you exactly what high mineralization is. I would consider anything less than 10 on the Auto Sensitivity high mineralization and would consider trying the GB feature to see if it helps.