Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ground balancing

WhitesMan

question? when reading the owners manual for ground balancing the mxt it talks about the threshold and how you should hear a soft hum. I've never heard a soft hum on my mxt. it is a broken signal of various levels. so i just turn it down an don't deal with it. if i do not get this soft hum the manual refers to does that mean my mxt is not working correctly? or, am i just doing something wrong. plus when i pump the coil up and down like the manual says to do i hardly get any noise at all unless I'm over a target. so i move to another spot and try again. no noise to speak of comes from the machine to so it's like am i doing this with the detector off. i had a qxt prior and when i balanced it i could tell the machine was doing it balancing thing. I'm not confident I'm balancing this mxt correctly. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. i ordered a 4.5x7 excel coil and want to get the max out of my machine/coil. thanks and hh to all.

Once you pump the coil a few times it should be gb. You just need to turn the threshold up a little and you should hear the hum. It will be loud the more you turn then backoff a little. This should be easy to do. Good luck.

By adjusting for a "proper"slight audio Threshold sound it will help you hear the MXT making the necessary GB adjustment when bobbing the coil.

Remember to only bob the coil from about 6"-8" down to about

is, are you using headphones or going by the external speaker sounds?