Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ground balancing

pchop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjFN9I-10PU

Anyone having trouble ground balancing. My v3 just flickers. I sent it in once and its still doing it. I attached a video. Any input is appreciated. I tried different coils on it and I have taken it to different ground. It does it everywhere. Once in a while it will balance like the instruction video but not to often thanks everyone

I couldn't get it to play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjFN9I-10PU

Sorry about that, i had it on private. Hope this works

Mine will sound like that in the beginning some times. Start here.
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?66,1182505

When that has happened to me, I chalk it up to EMI, It happen in some places and not others for me. I don't try to clear it up, I just go hunting and it seems to work OK.

Ive found that also with EMI.When you go to pin point mode with the coil in the air and get that pulsing its a sure sign of EMI.Ive hunted in a couple sites very close to overhead lines that the EMI practically rendered the pinpoint mode useless.

I just noticed that when you initially go into ground balance your machine is stable and starts being unstable when you pump the coil.It looks like the 7.5 freq is hitting the hardest.Its possible the ground isnt clean or that your gain or AM sensitivity is set too high.

I really appreciate the good advice from all of you, I`ll try all of you guy`s suggestions and see what happens. Seems where ever i go it does it, tried areas with no wires in old fields. It use to work good in all these areas, started acting up a couple months ago. thanks everyone

If you say it used to work, did you do the coil test?
If you have a coil cover on have you cleaned it out?
Try loading a stock program from the library and turn down RX and Sen.
It's easy to have changed a setting like offset and not know it.
You said you sent it in, what did they say? I think this would be helpful to know.

Rob

I've been going back and detecting in places with bad EMI, that I just couldn't "work" when I first had the V. Just never seen that. If it is happening "wherever you go"....I'd suspect the coil/crud between loop cover for sure. If it's not crud under a loop cover (and you purchased locally) get to your dealer and see about testing with a different coil for sure. (If you didn't, chances are still good they'd give you a hand.) It would help to have more info but imagine it is doing in different set-ups?

It's easy to miss a problem without information. I still need to know what Whites did and said. Did they say it was OK? Did they see the whole unit or just the box? Is there a global setting changed which will affect all programs? Has he tried all out suggestions. I honestly have had mine do this but can quiet mine. Sometimes it took quit a few adjustments. Rob

I am wondering if the TX Boost, Gains and Sensitivity adjustments would make it difficult to balance.

I think what it show in the video is EMI interference. I looks like a pulse and the things you mention would affect what is seen. After we get the info of what Whites said we will go further. It might be balancing and just picking up interference. I hunted in Texas under some hi lines it it took all I knew to get it quiet including changing coils and using correlate with reduced settings. It wasn't perfect but I still found coins. Probably because it wasn't hunted because of the problems. Rob

It appears to have ground balanced from what I was able to hear on the video. It has some input noise which you can hear if you just hold it steady and hear the oscillations. Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm not hearing it changing volume based on going towards or away from ground - the oscillation is constant no matter where the loop is (again maybe I'm missing something - but that's what I heard and the bars looked to be not going haywire either). So, what I'm hearing is a bit of external noise - your loop is a pretty large antenna.

You might try turning VCO on for pinpointing. Then when you ground balance, the change in frequency will really tune you in to when you're as balanced as it can be. If you have your settings set really high (maximum gain and maximum sensitivity are to the point of unusability - didn't want to have it not be able to go far enough so we made it go farther than is usable) you will get this.

(I saw your message last night but couldn't watch the video as I have dialup at home and there's no way that I can watch videos)

Sorry about the slow response, i been away and havent had timne to play with the detector. When i sent it into white`s it was for a update , I just included a note asking them to check it. Never did get a cause or if anything was corrected. Like i said it use to work fine , I will have to try some of the suggestions when i get back out with it. I have tried different coils with the same results so its not a coil issue and i made sure there was no metal on ground balance and no emi. I will play with it again this weekend and let everyone know how i made out. I really appreciate everyones help. This is a great forum.

MINE IS DOING THE SAME THING AS YOURS. GETTING READY TO SEND IT INTO WHITES. IF YOU HAVE SOLVE PROBLEM LET ME KNOW HOW PLEASE. SORRY BOUT THE CAPS. ARTHRITIS MAKES TYPING HARD SO I JUST LEAVE CAPS ON. LESS HURT. I'M GETTING OLD. LOL

Hi Hagemier

I beens so busy havent had time to mess with my v3 for a while. If i send it in or find a fix I`ll update you, If you get a answer before i do please post your fix . Thanks for the input.

(I saw your message last night but couldn't watch the video as I have dialup at home and there's no way that I can watch videos)

You need to ask for a raise and get broadband cable or DSL. Tell White's you need it to help people online and maybe they will pay for it!!

J

jbow said:

You need to ask for a raise and get broadband cable or DSL. Tell White's you need it to help people online and maybe they will pay for it!!

J

The problem is that cable and DSL don't come out where we are. I check periodically hoping they're going to run new cables to make it all work, but I think we just don't have enough neighbors to make it feasible for them to spend the money to put in new cables. Looked into satellite options, but not thrilled with some of the restrictions on those, so we use dialup.

n/t