Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ground balancing CZ 7A

pejeci

I'm a newby with this machine and need some advice. If you groundbalance with the pinpoint method at a specific spot and set the knob at, say 7, and you in future come back to the same spot, after having groundbalanced at various other spots, can I simply set the knob back to 7 without doing the pinpoint thing again? In other words, does the groundbalancing knob work on its own, ie without the pinpoint?

I sometimes do it several times when hunting a specific area to be sure as ground changes from one end of a football field to the other..No you don't have to as the ground balance knob sets the balance for the area but imagine you have to dial in many factors such as temp., humidity and how wet the ground is..Heck easy as pie to ground balance as I usually bob several times and am on my way. I think you need to revisit the ground balance in your manual as it sounds like a chore for you when it should take seconds at best..

2nd in a line of digital CZ's will go as deep as your CZ6 which is analog but is only a rodmount that can't be hip or bodymounted. Its plusses are surely the batteries are under the armcup and take 12 AA batteries and give approx. 80-90 hrs of use and probably along with the original CZ7 is the best balanced of the CZ line even though its a bit heavier than the hipmount versions..If you hipmount of course you have the CZ7A pro or the CZ70 pro. Two extras I liked with the digital models were depth meter went to 10 instead of the 8 you have in the analog and its disc. is not linear in other words as an example you can disc. out Zinc and keep all the other facets or any variation you wish
for your hunting needs..In addendum any CZ model is an excellent user friendly depth demon and some like analog and some like digital..Since 92 used every CZ model ever made and this info is not something I read but coming from personal experience..

I am looking for some larger coils for my CZ-7a Pro. How large are available, where can I get some and some ideas on prices please.
Thanks

Hi Duckdown, I have (2) CZ's, and to my knowledge the only (2) Large Coils made are the FISHER 10.5" Spider Coil, and the SunRay 12" Coil, but the SunRay Coil is out of production. Also the SunRay 12" CZ Coil is a Very POPULAR Coil, and hard to come by. You can make some inquiries. Best of luck, Les Robinson