Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ground balance

conlaodh

I would like to know is there an advantage to manual ground balance as opposed to just using the auto ground balance.
Thanks for any info. on this
Conlaodh

If you good at doing it manually then it would be about the same as auto gb. But if your ear is not that good then just auto gb and get hunting.

Quote, "Any experienced Gold Prospector with a VLF machine knows that Manual Ground Balance can be Fine Tuned for the exact ground conditions you are on (per each 6

I also for got to add that in Auto GB a target can be ground balanced out if passed over a few times so that is why a person always pinpoints in Fixed or Manual GB.

Also another thing is a very faint signal from either a very deep target or very tiny object could maybe balanced out in Auto GB as a ground change so that is why Manual GB is preferred again by some.

I myself personally prefer Auto GB in highly variable and mineralized ground because I can cover alot more ground and I find it an annoyance constantly Manual GBing about a 100 times or so a day.

David said:
I also for got to add that in Auto GB a target can be ground balanced out if passed over a few times so that is why a person always pinpoints in Fixed or Manual GB.

Also another thing is a very faint signal from either a very deep target or very tiny object could maybe balanced out in Auto GB as a ground change so that is why Manual GB is preferred again by some.

I myself personally prefer Auto GB in highly variable and mineralized ground because I can cover alot more ground and I find it an annoyance constantly Manual GBing about a 100 times or so a day.
Unless I am mistaken a target will not be ground balanced out in auto gb mode unless you are also using "tracking" I could be wrong but I believe this to be true.

Boris said:
David said:

Unless I am mistaken a target will not be ground balanced out in auto gb mode unless you are also using "tracking" I could be wrong but I believe this to be true.

When I explain about hunting in Auto GB I mean Tracking Auto GB, the same thing. And yes when hunting a target it can be ground balanced out in Auto GB(meaning Tracking) because it is tracked out when pinpointing or repeated slow passes.

You are probably thinking about the Auto GB feature(Auto Mode) on the X-Terra 70 used to set the initial GB at the very start. I did not mean that, and there is some misunderstanding. You cannot hunt in the Auto GB you are thinking about, as I said it is just for setting the initial GB at the start then it remains fixed after that.

Ok , I didn't mean to step on any toes. I do use auto GB and do not often use tracking because I usually hunt a beach that balances out at 1 or 2. I do auto GB at least once an hour and it seldom changes. I do use an Xterra-70. Thank you for explaining that to me any knowledge is welcome.

Boris you have no need to worry about stepping on toes. In the manual three means of Ground Balancing are called out.

1. Auto
2. Manual
3. Track

When those terms are mixed or used interchangeably it's leads to confusion in what is being conveyed.

Tracking in Normal mode differs from that in Beach mode. Both are effective if used with some care. There are certain Saltwater beaches I hunt that are so variable, that without use of Tracking in Beach mode, the Sensitivity setting has to be lowered so far, that little depth is to be had.

HH
BarnacleBill